Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Im going to get a new phone in the next two weeks or so and am deciding between the samsung captivate glide coming out november 20th on at&t and the palm pre 2. Please don't mention carrier preference, I just want an honest opinion on the phones themselves. I'm leaning toward the captivate glide since webos is pretty much dead at this point, but still have an open mind. I like the form factor of the portrait slider better than the landscape but I'm unsure of hp's future with webos. Plus, with android 4.0 on the way, I heard that the multitasking is similar to the card systm found on webos. Please help me decide. thanks
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Also, what browser do you think is better? (android web browser with a dual core 1ghz vs pre 2 webkit based browser). also, when android 4.0 comes out, can I update the captivate glide with this new version of os? and if so, will it go over the samsung touchwiz interface?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Also, what browser do you think is better? (android web browser with a dual core 1ghz vs pre 2 webkit based browser). also, when android 4.0 comes out, can I update the captivate glide with this new version of os? and if so, will it go over the samsung touchwiz interface?
    do you have any mission-critical apps you must use? If so, are they only available on 1 OS or the other, which would make up your mind for you I think.

As to upgrades, Samsung is notoriously slow to get OS upgrades out, which then have to go through the carrier. Figure 6 months after Google releases the update at least.

Then again, my Verizon Pre2 will probably never get updated again.

I have dual-booting TouchPad. Android Market way cooler than webOS App Catalog, and far more medical apps for me. But using Android bites compared to webOS!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    thanks for the reply. also:
    Which browser will be faster? and which phone will handle flash content better?
    If you want Android phone, better choose Nexus series or buy motorola phone.
    Why? Because it will surely get firmware update from google. Other brand maybe have better choices, but talking about firmware update, they tend to slower, much slower or worst no update at all. If you looking forward for ICS better you follow my suggestion. It looks pretty much better then previous release, and off course maybe have better browser too.