Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By broncot
  1.    #1  
    Not sure when this happened, it was $149.99 last week, today it's $29.99 from verizonwireless.com-it looks like internet only-I doubt they have any in the stores anyway. I may pick up a spare.
    http://www.verizonwireless.com:80/b2...edPhoneId=5570
    Last edited by broncot; 11/16/2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: added link
    I got my Pre 2 backup for my Verizon Pre Plus about a month ago for $49.99. The local store didn’t have any, but ordered it for me on my upgrade and I received it a day later. This $29.99 is a good price! Great find!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    They seem to be doing this periodically, but never know when it will strike. Thanks for giving folks the heads up!
    YES!

But I'm 5 days away from my upgrade date! I hope the deal sticks around!
    Contracts are expensive if you ask me! Hopefully more 49.99 off-contract ones appear soon

palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Anyone know if VZW still has referbed Pre Pluses to give out or if they'll upgrade you to the Pre 2 if your Plus happens to fail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl.Pilkington View Post
    YES!

But I'm 5 days away from my upgrade date! I hope the deal sticks around!
    If you're that close to your upgrade date, they'll possibly just do the upgrade for you now if you ask. I've heard that they'll often times do it for you early if you're less than 30 days away.
    Quote Originally Posted by JED-WEB-OS View Post
    I got my Pre 2 backup for my Verizon Pre Plus about a month ago for $49.99. The local store didnít have any, but ordered it for me on my upgrade and I received it a day later. This $29.99 is a good price! Great find!
    Were you upgrade eligible already? I have a fully functional Pre Plus, but I'd like to get a Pre 2 for the future since I've accumulated various touchstones, cables and apps etc.
    I also have the free mobile hotspot, which I don't want to give up just yet. When I go to the website they talk about changing service plans. Can you tell me how this worked for you? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Not sure when this happened, it was $149.99 last week, today it's $29.99 from verizonwireless.com-it looks like internet only-I doubt they have any in the stores anyway. I may pick up a spare.
    Set Your Location
    Thanks for the info....I just got my second pre 2 from Verizon so will replace my wife's pre+.
    I have been waiting for one of these for under $100. Thanks for the heads up!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by fahzz View Post
    Were you upgrade eligible already? I have a fully functional Pre Plus, but I'd like to get a Pre 2 for the future since I've accumulated various touchstones, cables and apps etc.
    I also have the free mobile hotspot, which I don't want to give up just yet. When I go to the website they talk about changing service plans. Can you tell me how this worked for you? Thanks.
    The changing of service plans seems to be mainly a technicality except in the case of the mobile hotspot, which is no longer free with the Pre 2. I upgraded my Pre Plus to the Pre 2 in August, and while VZW "replaced" my service plan, everything stayed the same except for free MHS and giving up the New-Every-Two, which had been previously announced as ending anyway. I still have my unlimited data plan, for instance.

Katie
    i frankenpre'd to keep the MHS:-)
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Why would anyone on Verizon buy a Pre2 on contract for 2 years right now? Do you have any idea the range of devices you'd be missing out on over that time period? If you're on Verizon, how do you not pick up a 4G device? My Pre+ died. I'm on my wife's Pixi until the Galaxy Nexus comes out.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreen View Post
    Why would anyone on Verizon buy a Pre2 on contract for 2 years right now? Do you have any idea the range of devices you'd be missing out on over that time period? If you're on Verizon, how do you not pick up a 4G device? My Pre+ died. I'm on my wife's Pixi until the Galaxy Nexus comes out.
    Speaking for myself, there is nothing better than webOS, Apple's devices are too limited, platform is locked down. I don't trust Google to have my whole life. So I'm with Palm webOS forever, I'm getting a Pre 2 under contract for a backup. WebOS FTW!
    p41m3r and Rockbeast like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fahzz View Post
    fahzz, you have to let go... the Pre2 along with Freetether is a much better solution. IMHO, the Mobile Hotspot is not worth holding onto the Pre over a Pre2.
    my Pre + finally had to be put down after i sunk it in a pool of water. it still worked after i used a blowdryer on it but the back speaker was shot.

4 in the family went with eye-phones & i stuck with the Pre2. they are frustrated or spend more time playing games on them than ahything else.

i use my phone for business and the Pre+ and now my new Pre2 fill the bill and work when others around get stuck.

by the way got mine from Verizon for $29 with 2 year contract
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
    fahzz, you have to let go... the Pre2 along with Freetether is a much better solution. IMHO, the Mobile Hotspot is not worth holding onto the Pre over a Pre2.
    Does Freetether allow for more than one device to be connected at a time? I have had 5 connected at once (and one more person was wanting to connect...should have charged a connect fee! ) and this has been handy several times in the last (almost) 2 years of owning my VZW Pre+.

However, even if FreeTether is only one device connection at a time, at least I CAN connect my computer when needed (I use MHS this way very often, especially when conducting training, and need to illustrate use of internet accessible database system to trainees). I definitely am considering the Pre2. 2 more years of webOS will give me a little comfort. I just get sad thinking of having to move to another OS. I know there are great devices and that iOS and Android (and probably Windows Mobile) are good OS's, but I really enjoy using webOS...can't I just keep using it please?

BTW, getting a little off topic...Can I install FreeTether with MHS still active just to try it out and get comfortable with it on my Pre+?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreen View Post
    Speaking of VZW 4G devices, my sister hates her Thunderbolt.

Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
    fahzz, you have to let go...
    I know, I know... but my 5 gig Mobile Hotspot is free, and I love the freebies!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Does Freetether allow for more than one device to be connected at a time? I have had 5 connected at once (and one more person was wanting to connect..
    See where it says Max Leases? Set it for however many you want...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    BTW, getting a little off topic...Can I install FreeTether with MHS still active just to try it out and get comfortable with it on my Pre+?
    FreeTether hides MHS when it installs. Uninstall FreeTether and it unhides MHS.
    Attached Images Attached Images