1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

My Dad's Pre 2 has recently come across a pretty major issue, and I was hoping you guys may have an idea.

Every time he receives or makes a phone call, he doesn't hear anything, and the other person can't hear him either. For some reason, the speakerphone still works, and when it is enabled, the call works perfectly, but in normal call mode, it doesn't work.

I figured this to be an unfortunate software glitch, so proceeded to doctor the phone, twice to no avail.

He assures me the device has not been dropped recently, so it just suddenly started happening.

What do you guys think?

Also to add, system sounds seem to have stopped working too. Even with the volume for them on full, they just don't work (ie. Dialer number tones, throw card away sound). However, notifications work normally, if not a touch quieter than I remember them being, and compared to my Pre 2.

Thanks for your help.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Sounds like the old "headphone jack" problem. Basically, the unit thinks that headphones are plugged in. This is usually caused by some dirt or other foreign object preventing the headphone contacts to close properly. Try inserting and unplugging your headphones a couple of times to dislodge it. It might work better if you coat the headphone plug with some rubbing alcohol or apply a drop or two inside the headphone jack first.

If that doesn't work, I know there was an app in Preware that forced the pre into normal speaker mode, but I never needed it so I don't know it's name.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I actually posted something similar recently. It is definitely not the head phone jack issue. I was playing around when it was happening and it seems to be something with the slider. I slid my phone open and closed it, the second time I did it my ear speaker started working. I simply did the same action to tighten the pre plus slider. It worked and seems to have made a good long term solution. By long term it has not happened in two days since I did it. Try it with your voicemail. As in go in to your email and slide the phone open a couple of time and firmly close the phone. It works
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Sounds like the old "headphone jack" problem. Basically, the unit thinks that headphones are plugged in. This is usually caused by some dirt or other foreign object preventing the headphone contacts to close properly. Try inserting and unplugging your headphones a couple of times to dislodge it. It might work better if you coat the headphone plug with some rubbing alcohol or apply a drop or two inside the headphone jack first.

If that doesn't work, I know there was an app in Preware that forced the pre into normal speaker mode, but I never needed it so I don't know it's name.
    The app's name is Ghastly Headset, and it's awesome. It's best to try to clear out whatever is causing the problem, but in a pinch GH will get the earphone back on by brute force.
    I did not use any app to fix my issue. It is without a doubt something that is triggered by the slider.