Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I want to buy a pre 2 for use on sprint, what kind of pre2 do I need to purchase and are they still available.
    The Pre minus has to be activated first, THEN surgically implanted into the Pre 2 and doctored for it to work. I can do all that for you or just sell you the parts for both or just the Pre 2, whatever you want. The Frankenpre 2 will be unable to be activated on it's own, trust me on that it's well documented. The Pre 2 is used for about 6 months as a Frankenpre and switched back and doctored as an unlocked device. You still want pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    The Pre minus has to be activated first, THEN surgically implanted into the Pre 2 and doctored for it to work. I can do all that for you or just sell you the parts for both or just the Pre 2, whatever you want. The Frankenpre 2 will be unable to be activated on it's own, trust me on that it's well documented. The Pre 2 is used for about 6 months as a Frankenpre and switched back and doctored as an unlocked device. You still want pics?
    Quick Question: If I FrankenPre 2 my Sprint phone, then switch to a different phone; will I be able to switch back to my Sprint Franken Pre 2 without having to go thru any special motions? Basically, I call Sprint and switch service back and forth between my Android and Pre and wonder if I will still be able to do that without doctoring or anything else.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    If anyone can assure us it would work, I would sell you my Sprint Franken Pre 2 for a reasonable price (I paid $180 and did the conversion) and you wouldn't have to go through all the hassle of the switch (and, yes, it was a hassle--don't let anyone tell you it's "easy"--for them, maybe). You'd get all the guts of my old Pre minus and the Pre 2s comm board and bezel etc.

But I don't know if this is possible.
    Thanks, but I know the Franken pre2 can't be activated, wonder if I could put my pre- comms board into it and not have to do the doctoring part????
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I have an activated pre- on sprint, I'm not at all worried about the hardware part, I'm an electronics tech, thats no problem, it's the doctoring part that I'm not to sure about, so all I would need is the pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Quick Question: If I FrankenPre 2 my Sprint phone, then switch to a different phone; will I be able to switch back to my Sprint Franken Pre 2 without having to go thru any special motions? Basically, I call Sprint and switch service back and forth between my Android and Pre and wonder if I will still be able to do that without doctoring or anything else.
    Nope. Unfortunately you cannot activate the Sprint comm board inside the Frankenpre 2. You would have to perform the surgery/doctor every time you deactivated it then wanted to reactivate it. Kind of a hassle huh?
  7.    #7  
    <edited by staff>

I'm still undecided, my upgrade is Dec. 1st, so my choice is buy a pre 2, go through the hassle of making it work, or just go get an iphone and be done with webos, with the current HP position on webos I just don't know what to do.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/16/2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: quote deleted - original deleted.
    <thread cleansed>

**NOTE**
    This isn't the Markeplace folks. Please keep all sales/trade stuff limited to that forum. For the newbies - you must have 50 relevant/meaningful posts before you are allowed to post in the Marketplace. Until you reach that point, please keep all sales/trade discussions limited to PM's. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <thread cleansed>

**NOTE**
    This isn't the Markeplace folks. Please keep all sales/trade stuff limited to that forum. For the newbies - you must have 50 relevant/meaningful posts before you are allowed to post in the Marketplace. Until you reach that point, please keep all sales/trade discussions limited to PM's. Thank you
    Sorry, I've got stuff for sale there