Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
  1. 27
    I put it to you that the iPhone 3GS (on the latest update) is better than the Pre 2 (on the latest update).
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    I put it to you that the iPhone 3GS (on the latest update) is better than the Pre 2 (on the latest update).
    I have used my girlfriends 36s with the latest update honestly I couldn't wait to give that thing back to her and get back to a real phone. Tapping that stupid button all the time, can't figure out how to go back sometimes, basic functions buried in the settings thing, search that really sucks. Wouldn't want one if it was free,
    I could live with an iPhone if I had to. 3Gs vs Pre2 id get a Pre2. But it all depends on what you really want out of a phone. If you want a good multitasking phone with a physical keyboard, removable and replaceable battery get the Pre2. If the webOS App Catalog doesn't have the app you want or anything close that you can't live without, get the iPhone.

I can't live without tethering for free so I like webOS.

I don't want to plug my phone every time I get in my car I just slap it on the touchstone and I'm ready to roll.

I keep a spare battery ready to go just in case I run out of juice. IPhone may have better battery life but I see people still charging them all the time at work. I don't like leaving my phone anywhere charging. I just swap and once again - ready to roll. But worse comes to worst, I can use any microusb to charge it instead of apple's proprietary connector.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    kataran likes this.
    pre2 using free tether and ipod touch= best combo of both worlds.

Ipod touch is so thin I don't notice its in my pocket.
    laingman and james H like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    pre2 using free tether and ipod touch= best combo of both worlds.

Ipod touch is so thin I don't notice its in my pocket.
    Thats a workable combo to get Apple App Store Apps. You know that webOS devices sync with iTunes right?
    I hate itunes.

my desktop, notebook, and netbook are all collecting dust.
    My only use for iTunes is to synchronize playlists. And for that it works quite well. Whatever works for you.
    i like my pre2 because it balances my life....if you want apps then go for the iphone but if you need a virtual secretary then the pre2 is irreplaceable .....my opinion

most of my iphone friends use there phones for texting and games which the iphone does well...the extra steps it takes to serve you is not worth it
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    I used to think like you but iOS 5 is excellent. Siri is very useful and aside from multitasking (which works fine in its but is prettier in webos) iOS wins almost everywhere now since webos hasn't changed much at all in 2 years. I cloud is great too. Last thing to consider regarding iPhone 3GS to pre2: the 3GS came out at the same time as the pre- and runs ios5 smoothly. The pre- hasn't seen an upgrade to webOS 2.0. Apple is a better company and a safer bet.
    Siri is a complete waste of time for me. Especially when I'm not a native english speaker. So that would be never a factor for me.
    iTunes are the things that initially made me detest the iOS system. I want to control my phone. It is my phone. The iTunes system makes me thing that Apple was kind to let me borrow one of their phones.
    I can just have my Pre2 as a USB device or I can sync via wifi. That's more than enough.
    Apple is of course a better company than HP or Palm, but 3GS is an inferior phone to the Pre2.
    As I said the newer iphones may be better, but not 3GS.
    I have seen it and used it. The notifications are a joke (and for me it is very important). Multitasking is not existant (again for me is very important). I miss a couple of apps (I never play games in my phones), not hundreds but some more. Moreover, the physical keyboard is very important to me.
    For my needs I'd never change my Pre2 with a 3GS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12