webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Watch out for alltechwholesale on ebay!
Watch out for alltechwholesale on ebay!
Like Tree2Likes

Old 11/13/2011, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Be very careful on ebay, I just bought was was listed as a Palm Pre 2 on ebay from alltechwholesale come to find out that they sold me a pre plus for verizon! the listing clearly said Palm Pre 2.

Came in the box with a sticker that even said pre 2..lol on a plus!

UPDATE: The seller sent me a shipping label to send it back for a full refund...

Last edited by ajmboy; 11/17/2011 at 06:26 PM.
ajmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

EEEK!!! I just bought a Pre 2 on Ebay...just checked, not the same seller, but now I'm concerned. Sorry about your situation...mine is to arrive on Tuesday, will let you know...
sherryterry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cool, good luck! This seller has another auction going on for a pre 2...watch out if anyone else is buying...

I still need a Verizon Pre 2, but I'm afraid to go the ebay route again...lol.
Old 11/13/2011, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The guy has nearly 167,000 sales with a 98.6% rating.

It's probably safe to say that he wasn't trying to scam you - accidents happen. Did you even try to talk to the guy before contacting eBay? Most sellers are more than happy to sort out things like this.
Old 11/13/2011, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Same problem here with a seller called Gazelle. They sell a mess of phones. I'd been looking for a Pre2 and found that they had labeled in separate auctions a Pre- and a Pre+ as a Pre2. In each case I notified them and they sent me a note saying it was an error and the auction would be pulled. I looked again and they have at least one Pre2 auction remaining. That one I think is actually a Pre2.

Here's a link to their eBay store: High-Quality Used Gadgets, Electronic items in Gazelle Store store on eBay!
smmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2011, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

I purchased my Pre 2 from Gazelle. It was labeled as used, but the one I got looked almost brand new! Very happy with them and they were one of the cheapest at the time ($124 w/ free shipping). I did almost buy from some other seller that had one at a cheaper price. But after looking more closely at the picture, it was a Pre+. So ya, you have got to go over the listing carefully to make sure they don't screw up.
hmm252000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2011, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well, I am getting a refund and the return shipping has been paid. So I have to chaulk this one up to a mistake or lack of product knowledge on their end. They are honering their return policy...sending out tomorrow.
Old 11/15/2011, 01:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

You should probably change your first post to reflect this.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2011, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
You should probably change your first post to reflect this.

I edited my post and title, but the thread title will not change. Moderator please change to thread title to title in first post.

Bought a pre2 now on ebay NEW...for $110 plus $9 shipping, just received and activated it! Ran some updates, and seems all good. Went from pre on sprint, to pixi plus on verizon, and finally a pre2 on verizon.
Old 11/17/2011, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

I bought what was listed as a Pre- from Gazelle on Ebay. It wasn't listed as having any extras, but came with the Seidio extended battery and back, and an additional two touchstone backs. Most interestingly, it has 16 GB of memory, and no center button. It was definitely not an original Pre-, but it worked great, including the GPS. I though Gazelle was rather good to me.
Old 11/17/2011, 07:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
I bought what was listed as a Pre- from Gazelle on Ebay. It wasn't listed as having any extras, but came with the Seidio extended battery and back, and an additional two touchstone backs. Most interestingly, it has 16 GB of memory, and no center button. It was definitely not an original Pre-, but it worked great, including the GPS. I though Gazelle was rather good to me.
Sounds like you got a Pre+

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
smmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2011, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I had a guy offer to give me a Pre 2 .. received it, and it turned out to be a Pre+. I'm not going to complain, though, because it was free.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2011, 09:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have gotten numerous items from them over the last year and a half. Always as described and fast.
Old 11/17/2011, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
Sounds like you got a Pre+

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
I forgot to write I'm on Sprint. I've never been able to figure out what it is, I had a couple of small problems activating, but it all worked fine in the end.
Old 11/18/2011, 01:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

I bought a Pixi from him and he said he didn't have any so he would send me a Blackberry... I got a Pre Plus instead, no complaints here.
ursula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2011, 08:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

I had a similar mis-identification issue with Ebay, but it worked out well for me. The listing was for a Pre+ but when it arrived it was a Pre2... I wasn't going to complain!
PostmanPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2012, 09:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

I used to buy items on ebay through alltechwholesale after buying quite a bit phones I saw on allot of phones that they where described much better then they would actually be, so I tried to contact them by phone and I got a real nasty response so I thought I'll leave them a negative feedback because for all these phones I bought from them I felt I deserve a better service, so I went ahead and left them a negative feedback, after a few hours I receive a email from ebay that all my ebay accounts are suspended!!!!

I had several accounts and all of them got suspended at the same time, they claimed that the reason was because my accounts where linked to an old inactive ebay account of mien that was suspended 3 months ago (because they wanted me to upload my photo id for that account so I just let it get suspended),

so I wasn't sure if my suspension on all my accounts have something to do with the negative feedback that I left so I decided to test it, I opened another 2 ebay accounts and used them for 2-3 weeks and then bought from alltechwholesale again and left a negative feedback and

BOOMS!!!

A few hours later both of my accounts are suspended again!!!!

I couldn't believe it that ebay has such corruption so i tried once more I opened a few ebay accounts and after a week I bought from alltechwholesale again and left a negative feedback it was on a sunday so on monday morning all my accounts are suspended again!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

So its only left for me to tell you STAY AWAY FROM ALLTECHWHOLESALE!!! If you leave them negative feedback you risk with massing up all your ebay accounts!!! And if not you can get misdescribed items and not having the option of letting any body know about it!

For any questions or comments or if want to check out all my old ebay user id's to verify all this, feel free to contact me at 2061751@gmail.com

Last edited by Puraaa; 03/25/2012 at 09:54 PM.
Puraaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by GreenHex likes this.
Old 01/10/2012, 11:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Maybe I'm ignorant, but why so many eBay accounts?
Thanked By: sketch42
Old 01/11/2012, 01:56 AM   #19 (permalink)

Also I am pretty sure it is against some policy you click away when you sign up for ebay. Don't do it. Multiple accounters are the reason some of us are without firesale touchpads.

On the topic - please be very mindful if you are purchasing a "Palm Pre 3" or a "Palm Pre 3G" as the latter is just a pre minus and the mistake is very easy to make late in the evening. Fortunately after a paypal and ebay claim my "scammer" (it was my fault I didn't read after all) refunded (I caught the mistake right after I had sent out the money) fully.

Always be careful on teh internetz
MihMih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2012, 08:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullity View Post
Maybe I'm ignorant, but why so many eBay accounts?
i used one for me to buy and one for my wife and then one ebay account to sell
Puraaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0