1.    #1  
    Location Services always ask if I want to Allow Once or Don't Allow each time I launch anything that requires it (Bing Maps, etc.). However, I always receive "your current location is unavailable" when I allow the service to run.

Am I missing something or does it just not work.

thx
    it works, just give it a few minutes to figure out where you are. And make sure you check both options in 'find me' in location services app.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it works, just give it a few minutes to figure out where you are. And make sure you check both options in 'find me' in location services app.
    Thanks Cantaffordit - but nothing works. Bing is what I am testing with and I done see any "find me" options. Thanks again for the advice though.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Thanks Cantaffordit - but nothing works. Bing is what I am testing with and I done see any "find me" options. Thanks again for the advice though.
    go to the locations services menu on the last page, click on preferences in the upper left corner, click on locate me using... and make sure GPS AND Google Services is checked, this should fix it. the GPS still isn't great but it works well enough
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpCecil View Post
    go to the locations services menu on the last page, click on preferences in the upper left corner, click on locate me using... and make sure GPS AND Google Services is checked, this should fix it. the GPS still isn't great but it works well enough
    Thanks....it took care of my problem too.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpCecil View Post
    Wow thanks I never knew I could use both at the same time. Should improve my gps. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GiffordT View Post
    Thanks....it took care of my problem too.
    Glad I could help I spend forever trying to figure out why my GPS wouldn't find me for twitter and foursquare, I got so angry so I just snooped around and looked in every relevant menu haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

I tried doing this, but for Bing Maps it is still saying that my current location is unavailable. To make it more frustrating, it only "finds me" in bing when I'm on wifi. Not really helpful when I'm driving.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I too am finding that my apps and also Bing maps is having more and more trouble finding my location. This is becoming troubling since things like WeatherBug will not update while I am traveling, nor can I use all the other apps that help find things while I am on the road. Any update on this? I have been wondering if my Pre2 GPS is not working.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My GPS has not worked since Google maps went away. I am on Verizon, which is part of the GPS problem. When I first got the Pre2 it seemed a little better than the older Pre+. I'm also one of the lucky ones who has to reinstall Bing every time I reboot my phone. So I usually don't bother to reinstall it. Using Google services and GPS will sometimes get me a cell tower a few miles away, which at least gets me in the right zipcode Not much good when driving tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by jensuzpoho View Post
    I tried doing this, but for Bing Maps it is still saying that my current location is unavailable. To make it more frustrating, it only "finds me" in bing when I'm on wifi. Not really helpful when I'm driving.
    I'm having the exact same problem. My locations services for all my apps only work in Wi-Fi. :-/
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Why is it that some cities (NYC, Chicago, etc) seem more prone to Location issues. When I am home in Minneapolis things work and update fine. Could this be a Verizon issue? I am using a Verizon Pre2.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Why is it that some cities (NYC, Chicago, etc) seem more prone to Location issues. When I am home in Minneapolis things work and update fine. Could this be a Verizon issue? I am using a Verizon Pre2.
    I totally agree TimBoch, my phone has major issues in NYC, but when I went on vacation to middle-of-nowhere Florida, the GPS was super accurate.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2