Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I wish Verizon would offer something like Spint did where you can get the phone for a fair price without signing a contract. I know I will love the phone, just concerned I will be itching before two years are up. Part of me wants something new, most of me is not ready to leave Palm/WebOs
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    This is very helpful. I am desperately in need of a new phone and love my Pre. Part of me is willing to give the other side a try re: software, but I don't want a big brick w/o keyboard. The Pre is the perfect size, shape and form (love the pull down keyboard) but it seems odd getting a Pre 2 at this point.
    I felt the same way. I kept thinking that webOS's future is uncertain, and I was all set to upgrade to an iPhone 4s when my contract is up next week. Then, it hit me how much I love the webOS operating system, the Touchstone, and the ability to tether my phone using Freetether. If I switch, I'll have to use an OS I don't like as much, pay more money (and get a bulky case) for inductive charging, and pay extra for tethering. I already have an iPad 2, so the webOS app problem is nullified for me. Once I thought about all of that, it occurred to me that what would make me the most happy is to have a faster phone that runs webOS. Since I didn't want to shell out a bunch of money for a Pre3, I went with the Pre2, which I purchased on eBay for $110 including two Touchstones and an extra battery.

I'm thrilled with my decision, and I have an upgrade sitting there if a phone comes out that I must have. Win win.
  3.    #23  
    I wish Verizon would offer something like Spint did where you can get the phone for a fair price without signing a contract. I know I will love the phone, just concerned I will be itching before two years are up. Part of me wants something new, most of me is not ready to leave Palm/WebOs
    Buy one off of eBay. Good used ones are going for around $100, and new ones are about $150. I balked at the price initially, but realized quickly that it's actually a really good deal for a great phone.
    Buy off ebay, $100 ish for a phone off contract isn't bad. Well worth it, I paid more for our unlocked versions. Just to have Pre3's drop to near the same price.

You will most likely pay more for a "better" phone on 2 year contract.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    For whatever it is worth, I bought a new VZW Palm Pre 2 on eBay yesterday (Friday 12/16) via auction for $125 (bid cost + shipping).

It appears there are always a few auctions or Buy It Now deals on eBay for the VZW Palm Pre 2 going on at any one time.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12