1.    #1  
    I just did the conversion from a Sprint Pre to an unlocked GSM with webOS 2.1 and I was curious about a few things.

Do all FrankenPre's have a Linux splash screen before the HP splash screen? It doesn't bother me, I'm just curious. It seems that there aren't any patches to modify the launcher for web OS 2, is that still the case? Is there any sense in using the Uberkernal on the Pre 2, and does it make the battery even worse that it already is?

Thanks
    the metadoctor adds the linux splash.
    u can still change the hp logo to a new boot screen although the file name has changed so old themes that changed the palm icon will not change the hp logo.
    i have a sprint pre 2 and when i do a device reboot i see metadocter tux then my custom boot logos.
    i have been using uberkernal. i love it
    hp ingrained the laucher code into the source so its no longer patchable. I miss the 4x4 icons
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    i have been using uberkernal. i love it
    So the battery life is about the same with Uberkernal? Do you also overclock or just use the kernal? I was using Uberkernal on the Sprint Pre and didn't really ever notice extra battery drain, but I didn't know if things were any different on the Pre2.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    hp ingrained the laucher code into the source so its no longer patchable. I miss the 4x4 icons
    I read about that in an older post...I was hoping that someone figured out a way around it. I want the 4x4 again too!
    Quote Originally Posted by dt509 View Post
    I read about that in an older post...I was hoping that someone figured out a way around it. I want the 4x4 again too!
    I used to think that but I'm accustomed to it now.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I used to think that but I'm accustomed to it now.
    Yeah. Now that the top of the pages are labeled, I find 3x3 easier to get used to. With things better organized in pages, I instinctively look at the label when it launches and flip to the right page quickly.

And with the bigger icons, its easy to be fast about it.

Must admit though, I'm surprised how many patches got left in the dust with 2.x.
    I did the conversion on thursday. And so far the pre2 lasts all day, something my original pre never did. Then again I might just be getting an extra boost since I can't get yahoo to connect since the conversion
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    I did the conversion on thursday. And so far the pre2 lasts all day, something my original pre never did. Then again I might just be getting an extra boost since I can't get yahoo to connect since the conversion
    My pre 2 doesn't last all day, but I'm able to connect to my yahoo mail thanks to this...give it a try.

http://www.precentral.net/workaround...ail-1299-error
    Hello ALL, Long time member, but don't post alot. I have had major problems with my sprint franken pre conversion. I have manage to slowly resolve alot of issues. However, the doctor almost never recognizes the pre to get the next button to pop up.

Once I plug in I have to Right click usb In linux and then click on bootie palm 100 to get doctor to start which only works sometimes. However, when does work it always stops on 4% when I get to HP screen with "INFO: loading for Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back."

Error pops up in terminal message real quick. Then it says Warning: "This device seems to have been unpluged." Doctor says phone disconnected press ok to try again. PLEASE HELP

Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by allmetz36 View Post
    Hello ALL, Long time member, but don't post alot. I have had major problems with my sprint franken pre conversion. I have manage to slowly resolve alot of issues. However, the doctor almost never recognizes the pre to get the next button to pop up.

Once I plug in I have to Right click usb In linux and then click on bootie palm 100 to get doctor to start which only works sometimes. However, when does work it always stops on 4% when I get to HP screen with "INFO: loading for Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back."

Error pops up in terminal message real quick. Then it says Warning: "This device seems to have been unpluged." Doctor says phone disconnected press ok to try again. PLEASE HELP

Thanx
    Were you able to get it going? I was having the same problem, so I installed a complete Linux partition on my computer and it got through the process. HOWEVER - it comes up with PHONE OFFLINE - so I still need to do something ot the modem flash.
    Question. I need to doctor my device, do I use the leaked Sprint 2.1 doctor or the Verizon one? Also, my backup seems to be working, but my "Last Backup Date" is in September, when i first got the phone. Help?
    Some have reported mostly success using just the VZW doctor, but I think it has some glitches (?). There was some reason folks weren't using the Sprint 2.1 doctor that I hope someone can explain, too.

The recommended way has been to build a Metadoctor. WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    can previously made metadoctors be distributed, due to the recent open-sourcing of webos?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Not it this time I believe considering it hasn't been repackged and liscensed to be opensourced and files we are using atm anyways.