1.    #1  
    So I have finish the process and the franken Pre2 is running great. I bought it from a friend in pretty good condition. After the franken process the power button no longer works. I tried pulling it off and cleaning the air by blowing on it like a nintendo game, snap it back on without any change. I can feel the click. Wondering if any one else has had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Does the donor pre have a working power button? just swap them out or try to place a piece of eraser under the button.
  3.    #3  
    I have done that minus the eraser. I have even used a screwdriver to press power with the power button removed. No change. So far I have just downloaded ScreenOff from Preware.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    it could be that you have a bad connector.. Under the orange tabs (with the rubber clicker mechanism) is a thin disc that has a +/- symbol.. It could be that this disc is no longer aligned properly-- I bought two "bad" pre minuses on eBay and fixed the discs and power and volume buttons worked again.. Was able to do it with razor blade (then had to do eraser trick after to keep discs in place)

give it a shot and good luck..
  5.    #5  
    Is this the thin disc on top. I took it off and realign it best I could but no change. What is the razor for? To remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    Is this the thin disc on top. I took it off and realign it best I could but no change. What is the razor for? To remove it?

beneath the buttons is an orange button with a little rubber piece (I guess) that registers our pushes-- under the orange button is a thin silver disc (with a + side, and a - side, if I remember correctly)... I used a razor blade to remove the orange piece from the silver disc (they was already a little bit of separation)... then, when I moved the little silver disc around and centered it, it made the button work again-- it could be that you need to replace that little silver disc... try finding one from an unused pre

wish I could be of more help!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    beneath the buttons is an orange button with a little rubber piece (I guess) that registers our pushes-- under the orange button is a thin silver disc (with a + side, and a - side, if I remember correctly)... I used a razor blade to remove the orange piece from the silver disc (they was already a little bit of separation)... then, when I moved the little silver disc around and centered it, it made the button work again-- it could be that you need to replace that little silver disc... try finding one from an unused pre

wish I could be of more help!
    So is there anything that needs to be between the disc and the power area. What holds it in place? I will give this a try from my last pre-, all it is doing is collecting dust. hard to test the placement as the phone seems to have to be apart and battery out to adjust disc. Maybe I'll try USB charger no battery while I fiddle with button.

Thanks, your are helping a lot.
  8.    #8  
    Well I did what you said minus the eraser. I went ahead and put it back together than moved the disc around till it worked. The good news is it works, the bad news is not every single click. I just have to push with intent and sceen on, sceen off. Thanks for your help. The community rocks
    glad its working sometimes! What I did after realigning the disc was I stuffed the area under the plastic button with a tiny wad of tissue paper-- did this with a bad volume button and power button.. Filling up the empty space helped to get the button to work with nearly every press
    oh, and you still need to have the orange layer with the little black dot over the little silver disc!
  11.    #11  
    Yea I don't want to chance it and mess with it anymore. Thanks for all your help.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities