1.    #1  
    Hi
    I put the com board of my old broken Pre inside an North american Pre 2.
    Both phones are GSM SIM unlocked.
    My main reason for that is I need the EU UMTS (the old Pre is UMTS EU) since I'm outside US.
    I didn't do any software/firmware (Doctors, etc.) after the swap, as I understood here

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=270213 it is not required in GSM case.
    I used different profiles for each phone (one was activated in Germany the other in US). Currently I can't access neither the Euro store nor the NA one.
    Is it because I need to override the NA profile with the EU one so it would match the activation burned in the EU com?
    If so, how and what would happen to the current installed Apps/Homebrew patches?

TIA,
    Joe
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmshark View Post
    Hi
    I put the com board of my old broken Pre inside an North american Pre 2.
    Both phones are GSM SIM unlocked.
    My main reason for that is I need the EU UMTS (the old Pre is UMTS EU) since I'm outside US.
    I didn't do any software/firmware (Doctors, etc.) after the swap, as I understood here

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=270213 it is not required in GSM case.
    I used different profiles for each phone (one was activated in Germany the other in US). Currently I can't access neither the Euro store nor the NA one.
    Is it because I need to override the NA profile with the EU one so it would match the activation burned in the EU com?
    If so, how and what would happen to the current installed Apps/Homebrew patches?

TIA,
    Joe
    Also (and more critical), after swithching on the OS comes up, WiFi works fine but as for cell comunication- nothing.
    It says "Phone offline".
    Please help...
    Joe
    I'm pretty sure that all you need to do is doctor to the European GSM. I think that will fix your "phone offline" issue.

As far as the app store goes, I have no idea.