1.    #1  
    Hi all

Hope you can help as I feel i have done something pretty stupid. I removed some components of ubercalender without restarting in between each component. This caused the Pre2 to freeze which I couldn't get unfrozen using the usual methods. I resorted to WebOSDoctor, half way through I realised I had Uberkernal installed. It is now cycling through the HP start up flash screen! Is there anyway I can resurrect the Pre2

David

PS I thought just occured. Can I erase everything via the Palm Profile web page and the reinstall via WebOSDoctor?

Thanks in advanmce for your help!
    Are you telling me that you cut off the doctor midway through the installation process? Thats a big no-no if you did. webOS doctor rewrites the kernel (aka Uber kernel) so it is irrelevant if you had it installed or not.

At this point, just follow this:
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Do not "erase everything via Palm Profile web page".

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Are you telling me that you cut off the doctor midway through the installation process? Thats a big no-no if you did. webOS doctor rewrites the kernel (aka Uber kernel) so it is irrelevant if you had it installed or not.

At this point, just follow this:
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Do not "erase everything via Palm Profile web page".
    Agreed completely....

@OP when you stopped the doctor, you had a partially written OS, just like if you stopped a windows install halfway through, you wouldn't expect the PC to reboot to windows, all components weren't installed.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Agreed completely....

@OP when you stopped the doctor, you had a partially written OS, just like if you stopped a windows install halfway through, you wouldn't expect the PC to reboot to windows, all components weren't installed.
    No I didn't stop it half way through. Just realised half way through the process! Thanks for the wiki link. Thats my weekends entertainment sorted :0)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidG67 View Post
    No I didn't stop it half way through. Just realised half way through the process! Thanks for the wiki link. Thats my weekends entertainment sorted :0)
    Good. The way you wrote your original post lead me to believe what I did.

me 2
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #7  
    • Connect the USB cable and wait for the battery image to appear on the screen (or wait around 10-15 seconds)
    • Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    • While holding the Up button, insert the battery. The USB logo will appear on the screen
    • "Next" should now

As I am sure you are familiar with the above :0) However when hold down the rocker and replace the battery I dont get the USB logo it goes straight to the HP startup logo! The only way I seem to be able to switch it off is by letting the battery fully drain, holding the on/off switch doesnt seem to function. Unfortunately webOS doctor seems only to connect at intial startup after full discharge. At this point there is no power to complete the reformat. When the Pre2 has enough charge it cycles through the HP startup and wont connect to webOS doctor.

Help

David
    -Shutdown device
    -Remove and then reinsert battery
    -Hold Up volume rocker WHILE inserting usb cord
    -Usb icon appears

also, try using a different usb port

9.    #9  
    -Shutdown device
    -Remove and then reinsert battery
    -Hold Up volume rocker WHILE inserting usb cord
    -Usb icon appears

also, try using a different usb port
    Thanks but to add to my frustration the on/off switch is not switching the handset off
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidG67 View Post
    Thanks but to add to my frustration the on/off switch is not switching the handset off
    9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | Learn |webOSroundup

Go to tip 9

11.    #11  
    Hi there

Its fixed! In the end it was a third 'erase all data' via my palm Profile, then when recharged I created a new profile. It does mean I am having to rebuild my collection of apps. What I would say though is an exchange account is great as it immeadiately repopulated my contacts & diary

Thanks for all your help
    Why couldnt you login with your original Palm Profile?
  13.    #13  
    Why couldnt you login with your original Palm Profile?
    That's what I tried the previous couple of times and it sent me back into the loop. Thought it maybe something in my profile that caused it so did a remote wipe and installed a new profile an the phone was fine. All apps now reloaded and I am a happy webOSer once again.

Thanks