webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Yahoo email certificate issue
Yahoo email certificate issue

Old 10/31/2011, 12:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Hi all,

I've been having this email issue with Yahoo for over a month now. Had no issues with Yahoo email or any other account for months, and then suddenly, yahoo dropped out. (I'm running a FrankenPre2 on Sprint, have Yahoo, Gmail and a business account, and a TouchPad linked to the same accounts).

I've tried every trick listed in this forum except doctoring. My Touchpad still gets Yahoo mail just fine, so I haven't thought that the effort of doctoring my FrankenPre2 is worth just getting Yahoo mail back on it. Enough people were convinced that this was a Yahoo side problem.

I've been going back and forth with Yahoo on this issue for the past month. I'm a Yahoo Plus subscriber and I threatened to cancel my subscription if this issue wasn't resolved. This morning I got the following email from Yahoo support:

--

Hello Stacey,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.

I understand that you are having trouble accessing your Yahoo! Mail
Account on your mobile device. I apologize for any inconvenience this
issue has caused.

I'm pleased to inform you that I've completed my investigation and was
able to identify and resolve the issue you were experiencing. The fix
I've applied may take up to 24 hours to complete, but after that your
Mail Account should work properly.

Please be sure to let us know if you notice any further difficulty with
your account, or if we can be of assistance in another matter.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.

Regards,

Sven

Yahoo! Mail Customer Care

Mail Mobile Device Tech E2Y

--

I have not redone my Yahoo account to test it. Going to give it some time to make sure the "fix" is definitely in before I try it. Don't know if this has fixed anything for anyone yet or not...
Old 01/24/2013, 06:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

I just started having this issue with my Yahoo! account this afternoon. I'm still receiving incoming messages, but outgoing ones aren't sending. I get the yellow triangle error on my e-mail account, and it gives the following error:

Outgoing Mail Server
The server's security
certificate has expired.

I've verified the date & time on my phone are correct (I've got network time enabled).

I'm running a stock VZW Pre 2 with 2.1.0. I have my login settings manually entered to use the palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com server.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
OM
Ottermatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 07:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'm in Canada, with Bell, using a unlocked Pre2...

Never a problem with my yahoo accounts (2 of them) aside getting a "check your password" once in a while, in over 2 years.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0