1.    #1  
    I know there have been lots of post on battery drainage. I have a Verizon Pre 2 with the 2.1 update. My battery drains about 10% per hour with no use and on a wifi connection. I have been watching JStop to see if there are any closed programs that are still active. Nothing out of the norm. Just the system files running.

I am hoping some one can explain what I am looking for in JStop or what am I to be looking for in regard to app with leaks. I have turned all emails to sync one a day and any apps with notifications, I have turned them off. I do have some advance patches installed and am using the default kernal.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    How long have you had this pre 2 activated? The first week was pretty bad for me, but now I'm sailing with almost no batt drain at all. 10 hrs off the charger today, almost no use, and the battery was at 85%.

If you've had your pre for awhile you may want to run Dr battery and calibrate your battery.

Otherwise, my set up is essentially,

I've got governor installed with on-demand set, turned off logging, and I turn off Bluetooth and WiFi when not using them. The on demand setting is incredibly good at saving your battery as it slows down the processor when the screen is off. Also, if you're in an area with bad coverage, turn on airplane mode so the phone doesn't waste the batt trying to find a signal.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    How long have to hard this phone? And whats the batteries health. Could need to cycle a few times if its first use. Use dr battery in preware to check health.
    make sure your battery is healthy.
    turn off facebook instant updates and turn off instant messenging
    turn screen brightness all the way down.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you all for your comments. I have a Verizon Pre 2 that I have had since it came out. I have had it for a while now. I am currently running the Dr. Battery calibration. From what I can tell the battery is healthy. I have turned off all of the notifications in the apps. I wanted to check here before I ask VZW for a replacement.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  6.    #6  
    Using Dr. Battery, I found out that one of my batteries health is 96% and the other is 82%. I know that at a bad battery has a health of 80% or less.

I thought it may be the phone. So I had Verizon send me a replacement. Still having the same issue. I even ordered two new batteries and I am getting the same results. Could this battery drain be caused by patches? I don't feel like they would have anything to do with the battery drain.

I have been watching jStop and I have not noticed any other apps running except the system, messaging & phone files running. All other apps don't access the internet unless I run the app. The apps I use daily are: Feeds, Forums and SportsLive. How do I tell if they have a leak if the app doesn't show up in jStop?

Since updating to 2.1 on the Verizon Pre 2, has anyone else had any battery issues?

Sent from Communities. I am the webOS 1%
    battery life on the pre 2 has been great for me. But I remember that on my pre- I had battery drain problems with the service that internlz required
  8.    #8  
    battery life on the pre 2 has been great for me. But I remember that on my pre- I had battery drain problems with the service that internlz required
    Do u do any patching with your Pre 2 now?

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I've loaded mine up with some patches etc. and I'm thinking I might just flatten the Pre 2 and start from fresh again. When everything is switched off it will run 2-3 days on battery but switch on 2G/3G and its flat in less than 24 hours. Before it would go a day and a half.

Have run Dr Battery whatever and battery health is fine.

Problems mainly started from the HP Maps/Enyo update.
    Right now on the pre 2 i only have:
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Agenda View as App
    Add Date MMDD
    Dark Glass 2.0 Theme

I have been happy with the speed so have not added uberkernel/Govner yet
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I know there have been lots of post on battery drainage. I have a Verizon Pre 2 with the 2.1 update. My battery drains about 10% per hour with no use and on a wifi connection.
    You may check for the "can't sleep problem":
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...not-sleep.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ry-nodoze.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post3025555
    But actually I don't expect you have that with "only" 10% drain.

EDIT: You may also try a different kernel as posted here.
    Last edited by somline; 11/07/2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
    Problems mainly started from the HP Maps/Enyo update.
    Hey all, first time posting here, but yes, I've been having a similar issue with my Pre 2. Seems to have started around when HP Maps updated. Battery drains fast and lower back part of the phone gets real hot when on 3G, turn on wifi and battery drain seems to go back to normal and phone cools down. Tried two batteries, but haven't checked their health yet.

Thoughts?
  13.    #13  
    Hey all, first time posting here, but yes, I've been having a similar issue with my Pre 2. Seems to have started around when HP Maps updated. Battery drains fast and lower back part of the phone gets real hot when on 3G, turn on wifi and battery drain seems to go back to normal and phone cools down. Tried two batteries, but haven't checked their health yet.

Thoughts?
    I agree that it started with the maps update. I have read the information on about the sleep issue, but have not found a solution. I even had Verizon send me a replacement because my phone got hot. The replacement phone gets hot too.
    I carry two batteries and have my phone in the charger when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I agree that it started with the maps update. I have read the information on about the sleep issue, but have not found a solution. I even had Verizon send me a replacement because my phone got hot. The replacement phone gets hot too.
    I carry two batteries and have my phone in the charger when possible.

Also have (had, I hope) battery problem. Pre2 going along fine for about 4 months, no patches or preware. From one day to the next, about 10 days ago with no change in my usage, phone was dead by early afternoon.

Long story short, VZW sent a replacement refurb Pre 2 and, in a seperate mailing, a new battery.

Phone arrived first. Put old battery in new phone. the result: almost as good before problem. Just got new battery today. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

mcgraw
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw21 View Post
    Also have (had, I hope) battery problem. Pre2 going along fine for about 4 months, no patches or preware. From one day to the next, about 10 days ago with no change in my usage, phone was dead by early afternoon.

Long story short, VZW sent a replacement refurb Pre 2 and, in a seperate mailing, a new battery.

Phone arrived first. Put old battery in new phone. the result: almost as good before problem. Just got new battery today. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

mcgraw
    With new battery, the new refurbished Pre 2 works like it should. That is, it holds battery same as my original Pre 2 did before it started to drain fast. I didn't have to pay VZW anything.

mcgraw