Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fuzzy gizmo
  1.    #1  
    it says current location is unavailable...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Try going outside and see if it works.

Since the update my GPS seems weaker. None of my apps are finding my location as well as they did before.
    When I updated it locked on real fast to my location but since then I've only tried twice to get it to work and it hasn't.
  4.    #4  
    I was out and about and I kept trying. I definitely wasn't my location because I was going all over. Even when I got home it didn't work. Then I put my WiFi on and it instantly found my location. Google maps worked fine for me. And if bing map is going to never find where I am unless I'm on a WiFi network, that's pretty useless unless I want to see what my house looks like from space...
    Sapient2k7 and ananimus like this.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    Have you checked that you have Google location services enabled? I think it needs that to do it by cell tower. Start up Location Services and pull down the Preferences app menu to check. I know one time my phone ended up with that disabled somehow and I could never get my location on the map unless I went outside where the GPS worked.
    Bing Maps is totally useless. Not only does it not have any mapping of most places in and around Delhi, but whatever it does have is also totally obsolete. As for searching an address, I can't imagine a more useless and less functioning map search engine.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 10/26/2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trwrt View Post
    Have you checked that you have Google location services enabled? I think it needs that to do it by cell tower. Start up Location Services and pull down the Preferences app menu to check. I know one time my phone ended up with that disabled somehow and I could never get my location on the map unless I went outside where the GPS worked.
    I just tried it. No luck... I messed with everything in location services and nothing worked. Would doctoring my phone work? Or is it a hardware problem?
    So......can we change to Google Maps again??? If I install again the App extracted from a webOS Doctor...Will I have that application again in my phone?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3