1.    #1  
    Folks,

I recently did a FrankPre conversion on a new Verizon Pre 2. I had no problems re-establishing my profile and getting all of my apps back, and in general the phone is working great, but it seems like the App Catalog has hardly any apps available - MUCH fewer than the Pre Minus on WebOS 1.4.5 was seeing. Having been a Pre user since day one I'm used to not having very many apps, but on the FrankenPre I'm only seeing about 50 apps total. Does anyone know if this is a FrankenPre issue or something with WebOS 2.1.0?

The main problem right now is I need to get Chapura PocketMirror up and running, but I'm stuck with version 3.0.6 (which is not WebOS 2.1.0 compatible) and version 4 is not showing up in the AppCat.

Chapura support was useless - they just said to wait until version 4 shows up in the AppCat, which it never has. Any ideas or help would sure be appreciated!

Skip
    What country are you in?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    I'm in the US.
    Login to your palm profile on the Palm website and tell us what version the Palm Profile is attached to.

Might have to redoctor it from scratch

5.    #5  
    Interesting - the Palm website shows the phone number, model, serial number, and OS Version (2.1.0), but it doesn't show anything under Product. Does that mean anything?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Tannen View Post
    Interesting - the Palm website shows the phone number, model, serial number, and OS Version (2.1.0), but it doesn't show anything under Product. Does that mean anything?

Thanks.
    Yes its fine. Your version number seems fine as well.

Open up impostah and go to "app catalog". Tell me what "check paid access" and "check access country" return.

I might suggest you rebuild the meta doctor (don't reuse the one from before) jar and redoctor the device.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 10/23/2011 at 09:31 AM.

7.    #7  
    Check Paid Access is set to true and Check Access Country is set to US.

I sure hope there's another way around this - I really don't want to have to doctor again.

Another thing I was wondering was do the apps I have installed have any effect on what shows up in the AppCat. If I delete PocketMirror would the AppCat then see that I don't have it and offer it up? I would have to pay for it again (and it's bloody expensive), but if I can see it I can download it...
    If you delete an app that you paid for, the Catalog allows you to redownload it for free.

I suggest you redoctor.
    I also thought the same thing Skip Tannen, but have you tried hitting on "Browse Categories"? after doing that and selecting a category I saw there was way more apps than the initial screen. Its set to "Featured Apps" so you dont see much from the start screen. I also just hit the search button uptop right and typed in Chapura and a bunch of Chapura apps came up along with Pocket Mirror.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie4sho View Post
    I also thought the same thing Skip Tannen, but have you tried hitting on "Browse Categories"? after doing that and selecting a category I saw there was way more apps than the initial screen. Its set to "Featured Apps" so you dont see much from the start screen. I also just hit the search button uptop right and typed in Chapura and a bunch of Chapura apps came up along with Pocket Mirror.

Yes try this or rebuilt and redoctor.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all the replies - looks like I got away without having to redoctor. According to Chapura tech support: "HP has confirmed an issue with the App Catalog and Pre/Pre Plus devices running webOS 2. There is currently no way to register an app that requires webOS 2 as a minimum to show up for Pre/Pre Plus devices". I'm reading that to mean that the app catalog sees the device as a Pre minus running WebOS 2.1.0 even though technically it's a Pre2.

Either way, Chapura support sent me the link to download the IPK and I installed it with WebOSQI. Life is good again...

And thanks for the Browse Categories tip, Rookie4sho - that seems to uncover many more apps.