Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    When I look in the Contacts list via the Contacts icon I can scroll through all my contacts A through to Z.

However, when I go into contacts via the phone or via the SMS/Text app it only scrolls through A to a couple of the P contacts. Most of the contacts in P and all through to Z are missing.

Typing them in the search bar will find them but they dont appear in the scroll list.

I don't sync my phone with any other PCs or Apps, its all self contained.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
    When I look in the Contacts list via the Contacts icon I can scroll through all my contacts A through to Z.

However, when I go into contacts via the phone or via the SMS/Text app it only scrolls through A to a couple of the P contacts. Most of the contacts in P and all through to Z are missing.

Typing them in the search bar will find them but they dont appear in the scroll list.

I don't sync my phone with any other PCs or Apps, its all self contained.

Any suggestions?
    I had basically the same thing happen to me. I think the database file must have gotten corrupted. I tried a lot of different things with tech support to no avail. I had to do an app&data reset unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    OK we'll look at that then. Thanks for the tip.

Must admit everything was running fine then we got into Preware and it's gone downhill since then.
    It seems logic at first to blame Preware, but it is just a variable of circumstance. I highly doubt Preware causes any problems. More than likely is that you are just placing blame on it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
    OK we'll look at that then. Thanks for the tip.

Must admit everything was running fine then we got into Preware and it's gone downhill since then.
    Preware itself will do nothing to your device. What you install with it is a different story.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Dunno if this is your issue, but I sometimes find that I can scroll down to a point where it stops at some letter. If I sit and wait a little while, it eventually populates the rest of the list.

I suspect it's just that there are too many contacts to render, so it does them in chunks.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Preware itself will do nothing to your device. What you install with it is a different story.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Exactly, and I think its time to get rid of most if not all the preware stuff.