Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    yes noticed. Lol. Nothing much to comment though, I sort of feel the same way. I do agree the pre 2 is a great "webos" phone, but only when compared to a pre -. A pre plus running webos 2.1 overclocked to 1ghz using AV8 is almost identical to the pre 2.

The camera is better, but with lack of auto focus its really not noticeably better.

So pretty much pre + to pre 2 = slightly better battery life, and gorilla glass. I'm not understanding how the pre 2 could possibly be looked at as a good phone compared to other phones of the same age? Am I missing something? My pre plus with a few patches ran just as well as my pre 2. I WASTED an upgrade on a spec bump. Ya only get an upgrade once a year and I wasted it on a spec bump from HP. I am a complete *****...
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Twice the RAM is a nice thing to have

Gorilla glass of the 2 is a nice step up as well.

Twice the storage space is another nice step up.

"A pre plus running webos 2.1 overclocked to 1ghz using AV8 is almost identical to the pre 2. "

Not even close to true.
  3.    #23  
    Update.

I guess I got passed that initial blue funk (& gee, thanks for making that so wonderfully possible Leo (& HP co) [insert unsuitable rant and foul language here]); Decided to squeeze what I can out of WebOS, while I can?

Cracked it open, activated, & spent last night setting up. Honestly, it is amazing how one can easily go from activation to fully tweaked unit so fast. Three initial thoughts..

1) As people said, hardware does feel more solid than a plus.. nothing over the top or worth crooning about, I think, but just subtly nicer, more responsive and quicker, esp with the keyboard and Gorilla glass - will be interesting once I start tweaking with Govnah.

2) Counting 114 installed packages in less than 6 hours of use, I am reminded again about how Preware developers and WebOSInternals people are nothing less than heros and incarnate demi-gods; We should all be bowing in the direction of their offices and perhaps sacrificing virgins at in house shrines / touch stones each evening. If they give up WebOS, not sure what would be done.

3) Looks like it really will be a very solid practical smart phone for a while.. and that's...."ok" - I just have to convince myself I don't' need a phone that will display a bro-stash or tell me what the meaning or life is or try to make up for something else with questionable technical extras.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    If that stuff is what you want there's no shame in jumping platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    If that stuff is what you want there's no shame in jumping platforms.
    Not true. I would totally shame you for wanting a bro-stache app.
    FenrirWolf and DoobieDoo like this.
  6.    #26  
    Not true. I would totally shame you for wanting a bro-stache app.
    LOL, Can't blame you there.
    Sadly..my attempt at dark sarcasm was an epic fail.

I guess I was trying to suggest that it's ok, not to have every single dumb app in the world on your phone...
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    It's a very workable smartphone. There's just a few key apps that have me wanting to jumps ship, such as a real RDP client (not splashtop). But losing synergy and brilliant multitasking with no need for a task manager is something that I am loath to do. I may switch to android for the apps, but I know that using it day to day will just tick me off.
    DoobieDoo likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12