Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    INFORMATION:
    No more logs are being gathered at this time.
    Thank you to all who have submitted!

***For those who are suddenly getting a notification that an update is available...

We have been talking with the webOS team at HP (YES, they are still alive, kicking, and working hard!) and there are some ideas on what is causing this issue of devices suddenly showing a notification of a 2.1 update ready for their device. But to nail it down, we need some information from our members.

The HP team is very interested in collecting a few logs from devices that are currently showing that there is an update available for their devices. If you are willing to collect a log (and some extra info) for us to supply the HP engineers, please read on...

Here's what we will need:

Check your Updates app and see if you are being told there is an update ready to download. If there is, proceed with the following steps:

1. Collect a log by Opening the Phone App to the dialer screen
    2. Dial ##LOGS# (##5647#) (GSM or EU dial #*5647# then Send)
    3. Select "Create Log with Description"
    4. Leave 'Log Name' blank
    5. In "Issue Description" box, enter a description like "Device saying an update is ready"
    6. Press "Create File Now" (a confirmation box will appear saying the 'Log name is empty')
    7. Press "Create Dated Name"
    8. At this point, you can either select "Email Log" or "OK". Since there is a bit more information that we need in your email containing the log, you can either email the log to yourself to send us later, or you can retrieve it from the USB drive at any later time (it's in the folder named "Logs").

*Important*... In order to compare the similarities between users experiencing this issue, we also need to know about any Homebrew you are running on the device.

Please include the following with the log:
    • Are you running Preware?
    • Are you running any OC kernels?
    • Are you running any Patches?
      **If you are running Patches, please list out the patches you have installed (a bit time consuming, but VERY important).

Also important... (for those willing) a list of the installed non-stock or app catalog apps would be good too. Seeing any overlap between users in these areas will help the engineers narrow things down for their own testing to try and reproduce the issue.
    You can also include screen-shots of your device launcher pages if you wish to show the apps you have installed.

If we can get several members to take the time and contribute in this way, we can definitely help the HP engineers locate the source of the issue you are experiencing.

**Once you have the information ready to send (Logs, list of installed Homebrew apps and patches, list of catalog apps installed), send me a PM and I will give you an email address we will be using to submit this information to the HP Engineering team.

We appreciate any help we can get collecting this information for the HP team! They are excited to get it and see what's going on!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/15/2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Ok so copied my patches down, screen shot all my apps, hit up ##5647# but got 'USSD request failed. Network failure' even though I have full service. Any other way to get a log?
  3.    #3  
    Hmm.. Let me ask for you!
    PM sent
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Ok so copied my patches down, screen shot all my apps, hit up ##5647# but got 'USSD request failed. Network failure' even though I have full service. Any other way to get a log?
    USSD request failed usually means it's a bad code.

I don't have a GSM device handy. Can you try the following #*#5647#
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    USSD request failed usually means it's a bad code.

I don't have a GSM device handy. Can you try the following #*#5647#
    Nope same as before 'USSD request failed. Network failure', maybe this only works for US owners?
    It's not a US only thing it's more or less what the correct combination to use is for that device. I will admit my ignorance when it comes to non US devices so I am at a loss with what the correct combination would be. Can you try #*5647#
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  8.    #8  
    The code HBZ gave above (#*5647#) should work for you. (You may have to press the Send key after)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/19/2011 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The code HBZ gave above (#*5647#) should work for you.
    Worked have sent PM!
  10.    #10  
    Got it - reply sent. Thank you!
  11.    #11  
    **Reminder.... we are ONLY looking for members who are getting a sudden notification that a webOS 2.1 update is ready to download (even though you already have 2.1 installed). This is not about the app catalog or ANY other issue you want to report.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    And here's me thinking it was 2.2 ready I have that notification error though (pm already sent)
    I just got this notification this morning. I kept clicking on "Install Later" but it would come right back up a few minutes later. After a while I apparently accidentally hit "Install Now" and it went and installed ... "Google Maps"! That's the only thing I saw different and the install was very short so I'm pretty sure that was all that was done ... Anyone else tried going ahead and let it installed?
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    I just got this notification this morning. I kept clicking on "Install Later" but it would come right back up a few minutes later. After a while I apparently accidentally hit "Install Now" and it went and installed ... "Google Maps"! That's the only thing I saw different and the install was very short so I'm pretty sure that was all that was done ... Anyone else tried going ahead and let it installed?
    You mean you had the Bing Maps update and now Bing Maps is gone and Google Maps is back?
    PM sent.

Getting my update notification almost a week after FrankenPre2ing having had the new Maps installed to my profile before the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetryon View Post
    You mean you had the Bing Maps update and now Bing Maps is gone and Google Maps is back?
    I had loaded Maps via the App Catalog when it was announced but then deleted it when I discovered it had SO MANY problems. So, I had no maps program loaded when I got the notice of the 2.1 update. It loaded Google Maps and that's all I currently have. I will NOT load Maps again ...
    Woke up to discover the update installed itself. It replaced Maps with Google Maps. Restarted, reinstalled Maps.

Then Maps was the app that loaded, but the icons and menu bar all said Google Maps. Since I wasn't prompted for a restart this time I just restarted it myself.

After restart it's back to Google Maps! Can't seem to reinstall Maps now if I want to, and I do. Had no issues with it and preferred the interface.

Still have the log and info from before the update's push. Any thoughts on getting Maps reinstalled?
    Try deleting maps app then do a full reboot . Then open the app catalog . And search for maps . Then download the maps app again and do another full reboot . This should fix your issue I believe .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately Maps doesn't show as an installed app, so can't delete it.
    I guess it's too late to send a log after the fact? I just blindly told it to upgrade. I would love to help out if I can.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast