1.    #1  
    After seeing the TP get an update I checked my Pre 2 for one. Anyone else get an update for their Pre 2 today?

I was on 2.1.0 ran system updates app and it gave me a very small 1MB update. It still says 2.1.0 so not sure what was updated tbh.

Screen shot of update here...

I think this is the long standing webOS false update notification that we have seen through every iteration of webOS.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Did you recently install the new Maps (Bing) application on your device? This seems to be triggering the false notification for some members.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I think this is the long standing webOS false update notification that we have seen through every iteration of webOS.
    For the past 18 months and up to this day I have never had a phantom update either on my Pre or Pre 2.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Did you recently install the new Maps (Bing) application on your device? This seems to be triggering the false notification for some members.
    Yeah I installed Bing the other day maybe that caused it to issue this oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    For the past 18 months and up to this day I have never had a phantom update either on my Pre or Pre 2.
    LOL, 2 Sprint re's, 2 Veers, 2 Pre 2's, 2 TouchPads, 2+ years, never had the phantom update either. So I am with you.

Didn't know the maps update has been triggering this though...

Just ran my update app on my factory unlocked GSM Pre2 and says I'm up to date (I did the maps update the day it came out).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Nothing on Frankenpre 2 on Sprint. I had my phantom update after my conversion the other week before the maps update. I really really want 2.2 on Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Nope its probably just the voicemail fix update/phantom update.
  8.    #8  
    It looks like it was to reinstall Google Maps!!! Just saw it on another thread. Checked my Maps app and it was back to Google so have updated again to Bing through the app store.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    TIP:

**If anyone is getting the update notification, PLEASE use the following thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ease-read.html