1.    #1  
    my pre2 always thinks there are headphones plugged in. I have tried everything I can think of. Webos doctor, taking the phone apart, and a few over things. Does anyone know of a fix?
    Powdered graphite can be used as well. Found in electronic supply stores, or take a pencil and crush up some of the "lead", pour it in the input, then insert and remove the jack....say 30 times....upside down towards the end to let the remaining graphite to fall out.

Also search "Stuck in headset mode".....all sorts of tips, including the one I just gave you.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    thanks so much! i did both of these and it worked! man i thought my pre2 was toast, i was so bummed out. thanks so much!
    If it happens again, and the hardware cleaning doesn't help, look into a bad Pandora shutdown being the cause. Unplugging headphones/audio out while Pandora is running will put many phones into this headset mode.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Bluetooth headphones!!! Had this problem on my Pre+ and now only use the phone jack when I fly, and Bluetooth or speaker all the other times. There is an app (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...ml#post2229661) that can identify what audio mode your phone is in and temporarily force speaker mode. The real solution is cleaning and/or don't use the phone jack.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    This is really shameful. This problem existed on the original pre. Palm should have fixed this with the pre 2!!??

And how about the Veer & Pre 3, anyone experiencing this problem too?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    This is really shameful. This problem existed on the original pre. Palm should have fixed this with the pre 2!!??

Actually its been an issue since the Treo 650

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I had this same problem with my pre 2 as well. I had to carry a toothpick around to clear it each time it got stuck. It eventually got worse and I had to exchange it.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Should not be an issue with the Veer since it has a detachable housing for the headphone jack.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Actually its been an issue since the Treo 650

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I had forgotten that my Treo 650 had headphone jack issues, it was the opposite problem (never thought it was in headphone mode). That issue forced me to use the excellent Soft Audio Gateway to get A2DP support to the Treo 650.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Should not be an issue with the Veer since it has a detachable housing for the headphone jack.
    But there is a software bug with regards to this issue. I always have to unplug, then plug, then unplug again to trigger the disconnect.

Knock on wood nothing with my Pre 3 right now...