Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    So I got my girlfriend a Pre2 from a Pre+ on AT&T to Verizon. Some how her palm profile did not default to the new phone, why? right now she has no default on the phone. She's had to put in phone contact numbers manually. Facebook did sync but phone numbers did not. This did not happen to me with my Sprint Pre when I switched to Verizon for a Pre2. Everything went smooth. Is this a an ATT problem? We thought it was the phone also because she got a replacement when the slider went. But the same thing happened. Need assistance
    Last edited by hf199; 10/18/2011 at 09:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hf199 View Post
    So I got my girlfriend a Pre2 from a Pre+ on AT&T to Verizon. Some how her palm profile did not default to the new phone, why? right now she has no default on the phone. She's had to put in phone contact numbers manually. Facebook did sync but phone numbers did not. This did not happen to me with my Sprint Pre when I switched to Verizon for a Pre2. Everything went smooth. Is this a an ATT problem? We thought it was the phone also because she got a replacement when the slider went. But the same thing happened. Need assistance
    Can someone help?
    When you say the profile did not default, did she sign into the Pre 2 with the same profile email address? If she logs into the profile online what device does it show assigned to the profile?
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    When you say the profile did not default, did she sign into the Pre 2 with the same profile email address? If she logs into the profile online what device does it show assigned to the profile?
    Yes she did. The same profile sign on on the new phone and it did not default to it. Good second question. How does she go about doing that?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    palm.com i think ... also its a good idea to back up contacts to google.com/contacts instead of using palms cloud
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    palm.com i think ... also its a good idea to back up contacts to google.com/contacts instead of using palms cloud
    When she reboots she gets a "data transfer" message but the palm profile wont show up. Its looking for a default profile but her palm profile isn't one of the choices to pick from. Something happened when she switched over from ATT to Verizon. What to do?
    Last edited by hf199; 10/19/2011 at 11:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Yes she did. The same profile sign on on the new phone and it did not default to it. Good second question. How does she go about doing that?
    She did check online and her contacts were gone there too. She was one step ahead of me.
    She did check online and her contacts were gone there too. She was one step ahead of me.
    You can't check the contents of your Palm Profile via website. It's very well possible that the contacts were stored on her SIM card and not transferred properly?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    You can't check the contents of your Palm Profile via website. It's very well possible that the contacts were stored on her SIM card and not transferred properly?
    Based on that Verizon doesn't have sim cards? Sprint transfer went smooth though.
    Based on that Verizon doesn't have sim cards? Sprint transfer went smooth though.
    Sprint and Verizon don't have SIM cards so any contacts are backed up to the Palm Profile by default. More than likely she kept all her contacts on her SIM card (which Verizon doesn't use) so it would be evident that the contacts wouldn't sync to the new phone since the device doesn't use the sim card. If I understand the situation right, you could put the sim card into the old device, fire up this process of exporting the contacts from the SIM card using a temporary Palm Profile (for this single use) and importing the CSV file into the new phone.

If this is not the case, we will have to go a different route.

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Sprint and Verizon don't have SIM cards so any contacts are backed up to the Palm Profile by default. More than likely she kept all her contacts on her SIM card (which Verizon doesn't use) so it would be evident that the contacts wouldn't sync to the new phone since the device doesn't use the sim card. If I understand the situation right, you could put the sim card into the old device, fire up this process of exporting the contacts from the SIM card using a temporary Palm Profile (for this single use) and importing the CSV file into the new phone.

If this is not the case, we will have to go a different route.
    We'll give it a shot. But how come it worked with Sprint? Just asking
    We'll give it a shot. But how come it worked with Sprint? Just asking
    Sprint and Verizon don't have SIM cards so any contacts are backed up to the Palm Profile by default, compared to ATT which have the contacts stored on the SIM card and not the Palm Profile.

(my guess)