1.    #1  
    Anyone else notice huge battery drain after installing the Maps update? Perhaps the new Enyo framework leaking some network service causing radio access?

I've written about this in another post, but I think it merits its own topic.

Also, anyone successful in uninstalling Maps and Enyo, without doctoring?
    Quote Originally Posted by gobaers View Post
    Anyone else notice huge battery drain after installing the Maps update? Perhaps the new Enyo framework leaking some network service causing radio access?

I've written about this in another post, but I think it merits its own topic.

Also, anyone successful in uninstalling Maps and Enyo, without doctoring?
    This happened to me but it turns out it was the infamous "bad" e-mail problem (I think). I uninstalled Maps but that did not fix it. When I found the bad e-mail and deleted it, that fixed the problem immediately. I still have some issues with GPS and Maps and working on that. To uninstall Maps, just go to the Software Manager and click "Delete" ... who knows if Enyo goes with it or not.
    I too am having battery drain. With no use, it is about 10% per hour and with use about 15% per hour. Even at home this weekend, I'm on WiFi and I am having the same issue. I don't know if it is the new Maps and framework. I have turned off any apps with auto updates to see if this is the problem. Changed all but one email to manual retrieval.

I hope to find out what the problem is.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4.    #4  
    geewhiz, what does the "bad" email look like? can you point me to the post that has the description?

really annoying, prior to this, this franken pre2 had amazing battery life, maybe even two days on light usage.
    geewhiz, what does the "bad" email look like? can you point me to the post that has the description?

really annoying, prior to this, this franken pre2 had amazing battery life, maybe even two days on light usage.
    I too would like to know what "bad" email look like is.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ^this isnt a maps issue or enyo framwork im sure. Many people have updated and battery life has been great. I think its the bad email issues as noted above. try install jstop and checking for memory leaks to. You guys should also try isolating the problem. Turning off data and wifi and bluetooth and GPS.
    i installed maps the other day on my pre 2

i have the selios 2300 battery

i have had 2 chat rooms open, have gotten many emails, and browsed many web pages. i haven't charged my pre 2 since friday night, and I picked it up off the charger on saturday morning around 7:45

currently i have 224mAh left, which is roughly 8 - 11% of the total capacity of my battery. i am positive i could last another 3 - 5 hours without charging

so, in other words, no. the maps installation has not affected my battery life whatsoever
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

http://m.precentral.net/fix-stuck-email

By gizmo21 on Sat, 15 Oct 2011 4:16 am EDT
    perhaps we should collect those identified emails in .eml / .txt files in the forums and send them to HP, to fix this problem for good.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Ι can't say I noticed any difference in battery after the Enyo update.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Ahhh that could explain it! Yes I installed maps yesterday. Did a full charge that evening and by the morning was down to 42%! I was down to reserve within an hour or so.

Battery usually lasts much better than that.

So yes I too have major battery drain after installing the new Maps app.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Now had to uninstall maps. I have no GPS/Wi-Fi etc. running on the phone but since Maps was installed I'm getting around 18 hours battery life, down from nearly 48hours before I installed it.

I'll see how it fairs now. Pain in the *** as I now have no Maps app at all.