1.    #1  
    First, a general webos 2.1 question, how come a discontinued operation system hasn't even gotten a Terminal app that works properly? (and once hacked to worked, not nearly as well as Terminal).
    --- What changed preventing Terminal from running on webos 2.1?
    Secondly,
    - I ended up with XTerm, works a lot better than half done finished Terminus.
    --- Is it possible to easily change the color scheme from white/black to black/white like on a real Linux terminal.
    (If no one has tried that, I am fluent in linux and will probably just modify the configuration files but not if there is a better solution)

Third,
    -- Why so many webos 2.0 apps broken by 2.1?
    -- Also, can webos 2.0/2.1 run webos 1.4.5 apps?

--------------------------------------

Lastly,
    - I have a Sprint - Franken - Verizon Pre 2.
    It identifies itself as working on the Verizon network, I only swapped the comm board, not he whole surround bezzel and antenna.

-- Can someone help me with the list of packages below I wish to install on my pre to retain full Sprint Pre like functionality?

This is the list of ipkg files I have for Sprint Pre, how would I go about install them?
    - Which ones can and should I install? (goal install all Sprint apps, PRL and network settings updater)
    - Which ones are unneeded, should be avoided, or most importantly, if installed will break my phone?

ipkgs that were contained in the webos doctor
    -------------------------------------
    Dec 6 2010 amazonservice_1.1-7_armv7.ipk 10674
    Dec 6 2010 audiod-config-cdma_1.0-4_castle.ipk 2178
    Dec 6 2010 com.handson.app.nascar_1.0-51_armv7.ipk 203484
    Dec 6 2010 com.handson.app.sfl_1.0-42_armv7.ipk 180890
    Dec 6 2010 com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_1.0-70_armv7.ipk 965214
    Dec 6 2010 com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-73_armv7.ipk 682108
    Dec 22 2010 com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0-1.1.4_armv7.ipk 139822
    Dec 6 2010 com.palm.app.sprintportal_1.0-7_armv7.ipk 6998
    Dec 6 2010 com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk 2608232
    Mar 2 2011 contacts.plugin.pmvoicecommand_1.0-2_all.ipk 1972
    Dec 6 2010 crotest-images_1.0-2_armv7.ipk 419472
    Dec 6 2010 dmtree-sprint_1.0.0-2_armv7.ipk 2390
    Mar 2 2011 installer.xml 144
    Dec 6 2010 mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc_1.0.0-22_armv7.ipk 217768
    Mar 2 2011 palmcustomizationinfo-wr-castle-plus_1.0-285_all.ipk 974
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand-dede_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk 715676
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand-engb_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk 642824
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand-enus_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk 1370174
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand-eses_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk 624568
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand-esmx_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk 675168
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand-frca_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk 647900
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand-frfr_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk 654650
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand-itit_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk 675502
    Mar 2 2011 pmvoicecommand_1.4-5.30_armv7.ipk 1016110
    Dec 6 2010 provisioner_1.0.0-28_armv7.ipk 28976
    Mar 2 2011 sweatshop-wr-castle_1.0-72_armv7.ipk 12112044
    ----------------------------------------

While I'm assuming all the various of the pmvoicecommand ipkg are different languages, I don't know which files do what.

So if anyone can identify the files that would be great.

I'm assuming they can be installed in a terminal or dev mode command line with ipkg install? Or is another method preferred?
    Hmm, is there anywhere these individual .ipk's can be downloaded?
  3.    #3  
    They are from the .tar file inside the Sprint webosdoctor 2.0.1/2.1 from hp.com

The webosdoctor has since been removed.

The versions of these Sprint / Carrier specific ipkgs, are WebOS 2.x versions, at least webos 2.0.1....

Which ones should and can I install to gain full Sprint specific functionality?
    -- PRL Update, Network Settings Update, Sprint Apps, etc.

Which ones should I avoid?

Are the versions of the packages I have fully compatible with webos 2.1?
    -- I'm not sure if the doctor is webos 2.0.1 or webos 2.1.
  4.    #4  
    Does anyone know how I can install all the Sprint-webos-doctor-2.0.1, carrier specific files, onto my Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2?

-OR-

Does anyone know how I can roll the wr-castle-plus.tar files (which contains all the webos 2.0.1 sprint carrier specific files) into a Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2 meta-doctor?

I would think this would be the most complete way to install the files....

I could just doctor the "Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2" with the webosdoctorsprint(2.0.1).jar, but the doctor is for a Sprint Pre, not a Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2.

I would like to gain the full functionality from the webosdoctorsprint(2.0.1/2.1)pre.jar... onto my Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2... specifically PRL updating and Sprint Apps.

------

EDIT: So far...
    I'll I've been successful in doing is...
    ipkg install com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install amazonservice_1.1-7_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-73_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install com.palm.app.sprintportal_1.0-7_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc_1.0.0-22_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_1.0-70_armv7.ipk

Which successfully install Amazon MP3 App, Sprint TV App, Sprint Navigation App, Sprint Portal App,
    on a "Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2" w/ a meta-doctor WebOS 2.1 installed.

ipkg install provisioner_1.0.0-28_armv7.ipk
    (was successful but changed nothing, (hopefully didn't break my phone))

ipkg install dmtree-sprint_1.0.0-2_armv7.ipk
    (was successful but changed nothing, (hopefully didn't break my phone))

ipkg install sweatshop-wr-castle_1.0-72_armv7.ipk
    (failed to install due to conflicting files)

ipkg install palmcustomizationinfo-wr-castle-plus_1.0-285_all.ipk
    (failed to install due to conflicting files)

------------

So I was able to install the 4 Sprint Apps I tried, but after installing other ipkgs, did not gain the ability to use PRL update, and hopefully didn't break the phone.

If anyone has any good information on this please let me know, I need to uninstall those provisioner and dmtreesprint pkgs if they did harm to the phone.

At this point, due to conflicting files already being installed, I think the only possible way to get all these files install correctly on a Pre 2, would be to build a custom meta-doctor, that includes the entire sprint wr-castle-plus.tar file with it.
    --- Anyone know how to do this?
    Last edited by awalp; 10/21/2011 at 07:41 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Installing some of the above ipkg's seems to have messed up my phone, I no longer have my palm profile visable in "device info", and when I open preferences for contacts, it shows both my palm profile, and "SIM Card (###)#######" as my profiles, which this "SIM Card Profile" wasn't there before.

I think messed up the phone.
    maybe doctor to VZ 2.1 and then individually install the sprint ipks you want after you see what is included with VZ doctor-- sprint Nat and tv obviously won't be there..

I have a Sprint frankenpre2 that I doctored straight into VZ 2.1 after switching comm boards.. Then I went back and added sprint nav
    I am currently building a fraken pre and i have a question. Do i need the com board to be activated before i switch them? Also any other tips? Much thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Something224 View Post
    I am currently building a fraken pre and i have a question. Do i need the com board to be activated before i switch them? Also any other tips? Much thanks.
    yes, you need to be activated on your pre minus before you switch comm boards...

great info here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

a tip I've found useful is that you can do the conversion using the VZ 2.1 doctor after you switch the hardware-- you don't get any sprint apps, but those can be added by extracting them from the Sprint doctor... there is a great thread on getting sprint navigation onto your Sprint FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    yes, you need to be activated on your pre minus before you switch comm boards...

great info here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

a tip I've found useful is that you can do the conversion using the VZ 2.1 doctor after you switch the hardware-- you don't get any sprint apps, but those can be added by extracting them from the Sprint doctor... there is a great thread on getting sprint navigation onto your Sprint FrankenPre2
    Can you expand on using the VZ 2.1 doctor. Would i use it apposed to the meta doctor?
    yep, don't worry about metadoctor.. Switch boards, make sure you are in dev mode, plug to your computer and run the stock VZ 2.1 doctor.. Then add any sprint ipks you want
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    yep, don't worry about metadoctor.. Switch boards, make sure you are in dev mode, plug to your computer and run the stock VZ 2.1 doctor.. Then add any sprint ipks you want

Yep and it works like a charm, I did the same thing with my Sprint Pre 2 after Booyapre told me he just used the VZW stock 2.1 Doctor and it goes with out a hitch...wish I knew about this before having mental trauma reading the meta doctor wiki
    Got the Sprint .ipk files from the Sprint 2.0.1 doctor. I was able to get Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, and Amazon...but when I tried to get Sprint Football Live running it keeps giving me this message above an update button in the football app:

Please press update button to update your handset.

Any reason why this is happening, or something I missed that might need to be installed for this to work?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    So a couple of things:

I. All i have to do is:
    1. Switch my active comm board out of my sprint pre- with the comm board on the non-activated verizon pre2
    2.Run verizon webos doctor stock 2.1 (Also I read the phone should be in developer mode for this. I cant sign if with out the phone being activated, so I don't understand how I would do this.(found answer, see text below) )
    3.have a sprint pre2!!

II. Where do i get these sprint ipk's exactly. I here the sprint 2.0.1 doctor, but i wasnt aware that existed. Can someone expand on this.

III. Are there any issues that come about with the app store or other apps though this process?

Thank you,
    Daniel

webOS 2.0 Devices
    The activation-bypass tool is not needed for webOS 2.0 devices.

1.Go to the phone app.
    2.On a GSM phone, press "#*DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. On a CDMA phone, press "##DEVMODE#". (If the device is GSM, and there is no SIM card, a screen may be displayed instructing you to install one. Just begin typing the "#*" and the phone app will appear.)
    3.The Developer Mode scene will be displayed.
    4.Select "On". You will be prompted to re-boot the device.
    Last edited by Something224; 10/23/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    if someone has the sprint tv ipk please pm me.

thanks
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I pulled these IPK from the Sprint metadoctor from http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar

mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc_1.0.0-22_armv7.ipk
    com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_1.0-70_armv7.ipk

I ran the following code in the Pre 2:
    ipkg install mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc_1.0.0-20.1_armv7.ipk -force-depends
    ipkg install com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_1.0-70_armv7.ipk -force-depends

After rebooting the app loads but there is no video and no audio.

What am I doing wrong?

This same procedure worked for the navigation.

The one thing I just noticed when i reran the script was this error for the mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc_1.0.0-20.1_arm7.ikp

------------------------

Begin installation of mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc
    Installing mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc (1.0.0-20.1) to root...
    Configuring mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc
    Collected errors:
    Warning: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc:
    codesourcery-arm (>= 2007q3)
    -------------------------

Any clue what this means?
    Last edited by imurrx; 04/02/2012 at 11:31 PM.
    I screwed up my FrankenPre2 a bit. It was getting late and I should have stopped.

After I installed my Sprint Pre-'s comm board in the VZ Pre2, I missed the "don't activate it" part, and created a new Palm Profile (figured better safe than sorry). I tried to run the Vzw Doctor 2.1 but it failed at the "cannot restart device" stage. I uninstalled Novacom and tried again with the same result.

So now I've got a FrankenPre2 that makes/receives calls and has 3G/1x/WiFi but the SMS messages are fubared (sends garbage, receives nothing), my voicemail indicator never goes away, and I'm not 100% sure that bluetooth stereo audio is working right.

Sooo what do people recommend as the best (or easiest) way to proceed? I've got Linux on a USB stick so I can do the custom metadoctor route but I was trying to take the slacker route and just use the Vz 2.1 Doctor.
    Nevermind. I was putting the phone in USB mode, not USB Recovery Mode, so the Doctor wasn't doing anything.

It's all shiny now.