Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So I am planning on buying a Pre 2 on Verizon but I have some questions. Suppose I have a tv show episode on my computer that is 1280x720 could I play it on the pre 2? I know that the pre 2's resolution is much smaller but does it still play or do you have to convert it? Also, can you customize the location of an app on the app drawer and how is the youtube player? Is there facebook chat on the pre2? will hp update put out updates for it even though they stopped working with webos? Do you think its still worth it to purchase a pre 2 considering HP's lack of support for Webos? sorry for so many questions, I just want to be sure of these things before hand. thanks in advance
    you could play it if it is in the right format.

I am very happy with my Pre2.
    Cantaffordit seems to know what he's talking about for videos, so trust him ; you can move items around on the launcher pages freely and add more launcher pages; the Youtube player plays videos fine so I like it; No built-in Facebook Chat, but there are third-party apps and I think there's a Preware patch for it; there are rumors that there is another update coming to support SMS on the Touchpad; I love my Pre 2, webOS is fantastic.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Ok thanks for your replies. btw what does "frankenpre" mean?
    frankenpre is the name people use for a verizon pre or pre2 with the radio replaced with one from a sprint phone so it can work on their sprint account.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsdoug46 View Post
    So I am planning on buying a Pre 2 on Verizon but I have some questions. Suppose I have a tv show episode on my computer that is 1280x720 could I play it on the pre 2? I know that the pre 2's resolution is much smaller but does it still play or do you have to convert it? Also, can you customize the location of an app on the app drawer and how is the youtube player? Is there facebook chat on the pre2? will hp update put out updates for it even though they stopped working with webos? Do you think its still worth it to purchase a pre 2 considering HP's lack of support for Webos? sorry for so many questions, I just want to be sure of these things before hand. thanks in advance

If the video format is supported then the resolution is not a thing.
    App locations change. You can create different "cards" which you can name as you like. For example "Games" where you can put your games and then order them the way you like etc.
    The Youtube player is pretty decent.
    Facebook chat is not officially supported. You can try to buy an app or try one of the "homebrew" work-arounds.
    Pre 2 is a very nice phone. However it all depends on what you want. I love the webOS experience, however the OS has some limitations compared to iOS or Android, as it also has some advantages over them.