1.    #1  
    I got the update alert yesterday at 1:30 a.m. this is the version 1.2.5

I did everything as instructed and it didn't work

I remembered back when I had my Pre Plus that the CL USB account had to be the one mark as primary in the contacts app, so I did that.
    I also checked the Accounts app and found about 10 CL USB accounts, so I deleted all but the latest (on top).

I tried again and it still didn't work , it doesn't add up any new contacts to the update count.

Anyone tried this already?
  2.    #2  
    The good new is that I was able to activated the software without being ask to purchase an upgrade. Now is called Companion Link 5.0 for Outlook

I did a little test and added a new contact, while CL was the primary account in Contacts and when I click on Sync on the app it added the new contact. So that's ok for all new contacts from now on, but what about the hundreds (I'm serious) that I've added in the past 7 months...?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Soltrance, thanks for raising the issue!

You mention that you had a Palm Pre Plus. Now you have a Palm Pre 2. We did indeed have a revised Outlook Sync approved by Palm over the weekend, and now fully support webOS 2.0 and 3.0 with our direct USB Sync mode.

What is implied in your post is that you managed to move Contacts from your WebOS 1.0 device to a webOS 2.0 device? Is this true? After moving the previously synchronized contacts, you added new contacts into the CL USB Sync Account under webOS 2.0? Am I reading this correctly?

The Account Management (Synergy) internals are revised for webOS 2.0 and 3.0. It has taken us nearly 9 months to get it figured out, and of course HP's path with Palm has changed in that time. My team is checking this morning on your situation and I'll post an update shortly.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com
    I had a slightly different problem. My company uses Lotus Notes, which no longer appears as a supported option with CompanionLink 5.0 for Outlook - I tried 5.0 Professional which does appear to have Notes support - and a $130 price tag, with no upgrade supported.

My current version, ConpanionLink 4.0 for Outlook syncs my TP with my Notes calendar correctly, but Notes contacts are now broken - they synced, but they're not up-datable, deletable, or selectable on my TP.

I'd pay and upgrade fee for a license, but $130 seems a bit steep to me just to get contacts working correctly again. Is there an option for me?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Cuppa_joe - CompanionLink for Outlook is for Outlook.

For Lotus Notes, ACT!, GoldMine and other PIM's please use CompanionLink Express. It carries a slightly higher price point; $79.95 than the Outlook edition, but this is because of the extra work of supporting unique features of each platform.

I hope this information helps.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    soltrance - please try setting CompanionLink on the PC. There is a setting to "Reread handheld on next sync" This should pick up all the orphan contacts on the device.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clcto
    The Account Management (Synergy) internals are revised for webOS 2.0 and 3.0. It has taken us nearly 9 months to get it figured out, and of course HP's path with Palm has changed in that time. My team is checking this morning on your situation and I'll post an update shortly.
    It is still NOT working!

What I meant when I mentioned the Pre Plus (WebOS 1.0) is that in the contact accounts the main one had to be Companion Link for it to work, not Palm [does it still had be done this way?] so I tried that thinking that way it could be fixed.
    Not even Palm could move my contacts from 1.0 to 2.0 and they gave up trying, so this is a Palm Profile.

Here's what is going on:
    I have 1,472 contacts on my Palm, all of them created while the Palm Profile was the main account.
    I have 1,339 contacts on Outlook 2007.
    = I need to transfer 133 from the Pre 2 to Outlook (an update God knows how many)

Since I created this thread I made Companion Link the main account and added 9 new contacts.
    I just tried it and all it did was send those last 9 contacts to Outlook. Which means it is completely overlooking all the other contacts that were on the phone prior to the CL account.

Please help me out
    Last edited by soltrance; 11/02/2011 at 04:04 AM.
  8.    #8  
    I just spend an hour with tech support, NOTHING!
    I uninstalled the app, put it back in, it couldn't create an account (it didn't delete the last one either), so I deleted the account and then it was able to create it again. But now the app is not working, I tap on Sync and is just stays in the next screen doing nothing, all the numbers for contacst, calendar, etc are in 0 and it says cancel at the top. It stayed there for 30 minutes and nothing happened.

I called support again and try to do a re-read and purge and reload, still nothing.

Then they send an email with this: ERSP: webOS - Not all data moves from Palm Pre to PC using CL USB Sync - CompanionLink Knowledge Base which only manage to **** me off even more
    This basically says, CL doesn't reconize any contact created prior to installing and selecting CL as the main account, "you will need to recreate the contact, selecting the CL USB Sync account when you create it. ", so is telling to duplicate my 1,400+ contacts one by one into the CL account so I can sync them. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!
    This is NOT a fix, this is a lame excuse and it defeats the purpose of syncing