1.    #1  
    I moved from Pre2 to pre3, but before switing I forgot to take out all the patches and Kernel, not I tried to setup phone for another account but it is not booting up. Stuck at the HP logo, Do I need to doctor it or any other way around is there?

thanks
    Probably doctor. This isn't an issue of not removing patches or kernel... didn't have a problem with either original Pre, one Veer did get stuck in a boot loop and I had to doctor.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'd say to doctor as well. Doctoring fixed my bootloop issue when trying to install the F14 kernel. Doctoring is generally the safest way to go in fixing issues.
    Id say doctor unless you have important, and irreplacable documents on there. If thats so, then you could just as easily novacom the Uimage file into the phone which might fix it.
    Funny my Pre2 did the same thing because I sold it to a friend after getting a Pre3. He wanted a fresh new phone with no signs of wear so he just had HP send a refurb advanced exchange and when we wiped it it wouldn't boot. But the HP logo flashed but never booted.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi all, i am having the same problem. My palm pre2 isnt starting up, it is just getting stuck up at hp logo. Any suggestions what should i do and what is this doctoring thing mentioned above ?

Thanks
  7.    #7  
    Yes I did doctor my pre2 and it works like charm now
    Quote Originally Posted by pratik zambani View Post
    Hi all, i am having the same problem. My palm pre2 isnt starting up, it is just getting stuck up at hp logo. Any suggestions what should i do and what is this doctoring thing mentioned above ?

Thanks
    Doctor route, resets device to stock files and settings:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover

uImage replacement (if kernel problem):
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Memboot

If uImage replacement doesn't work, then it would be best to redoctor although you could shoot for:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    i tried to doctor pre2 phone. First i connected to laptop and its detecting the phone and after clicking next , it says charging the phone and then suddenly it says phone disconnected. This is happening every time. What should i do ???
    Quote Originally Posted by pratik zambani View Post
    i tried to doctor pre2 phone. First i connected to laptop and its detecting the phone and after clicking next , it says charging the phone and then suddenly it says phone disconnected. This is happening every time. What should i do ???
    Manually reinstall the novacom drivers from Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm. Restart computer. Use different USB port.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    hi i reinstalled navacom drivers, restarted, used different USB port, did all these things on 2 laptops, but still the problem persists. First it gets connected, charges to 100% then as soon as doctoring starts the connection symbol that appers on pre2 cellphone screen goes off and hp logo comes, then goes off and again on and laptop says phone disconnected. Any idea what to do ??