Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Well, like I said, I did and Bing Maps was still there. But I had a pretty odd situation going on. Curious to hear how others fared...
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Well, the 2.1 "update" installed. Upon restart, Google Maps was back. I re-installed the map update from the app cat. Now, the launcher icon is Bing maps, the splash screen icon is Google Maps, the app drop down bar says "Google Maps", and the app content is Bing. ***?

Oh, and a phone restart restores Google Maps (no Bing). This sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Well, the 2.1 "update" installed. Upon restart, Google Maps was back. I re-installed the map update from the app cat. Now, the launcher icon is Bing maps, the splash screen icon is Google Maps, the app drop down bar says "Google Maps", and the app content is Bing. ***?

Oh, and a phone restart restores Google Maps (no Bing). This sucks.
    I have exactly the same issue as you, bloody annoying! Google Maps was really slow on my Pre 2 yet Bing was fine. I currently have Bing back as normal (except for the splash screen icon and top menu bar says google) yet if the phone is turned off and back on again back comes the slow Google Maps!
    TIP:

**If anyone is getting the update notification, PLEASE use the following thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ease-read.html

Ok, the plot thickens...

To recap: I installed Bing Maps, hated it, then got the upgrade message, installed the upgrade, Google Maps returned, life was good. Then HP/Google decided to pull the plug on Google Maps today. Boo!

I went to the app catalogue to download Bing Maps installed it. The first weird thing I noticed is that it didn't prompt me to restart the phone to complete the installation - this is what happened the first time, and what just happened with my wife's pristine Frankenpre 2. In addition, I see the same weirdness as others: title bar says "Google Maps", the app/card loading icon is the old Google Maps icon, and after a reboot, Bing is gone and Google is back and non-functional.

Any idea on how to get Bing working now that its the only option?
    I'm over in the sticky thread HelloNNNewman posted above you. Same problem here.

I'm over in the sticky thread HelloNNNewman posted above you. Same problem here.

Quality is job 1 at HP these days. They open up a web page inside an app so you can't resize it. A rushed hack job.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

ananimus likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12