Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just upgraded my Sprint Franken-pre2. Works great! No problems booting back up. I did have to reboot in order to get Govnah Exhibition mode to work correctly, but other than that, no other probs.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Mine works fine!
    Should it just show up under System Updates? I just did my Franken Pre 2 last night, and I checked this morning (after checking results in this thread) and there was a 7mb update but still no change to Bing. Phone says I'm currently on 2.1.0.
    No it's in the app catalog.

My bad. I knew it was going to be easier than I thought. Should have read the PC article a little better. Thanks!
    So, Bing Maps on Sprint Unlocked Franken Pre 2 is a go, works nicely.

However, is anyone else noticing battery drain issues after the update? The phone seems to be going through the battery at twice the rate...

Perhaps it's because I had to re-doctor, and I haven't switched from the stock kernel yet.
  7.    #27  
    Well, a mixed bag of responses. I don't really need Bing maps, so I'm inclined not to risk the update. But what of the Enyo framework update? I don't know if that would be worth it--anyone know what it adds beyond the Bing maps?

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Gobaers maybe you have gps turned on now and didn't have it on before. But I've had the update since release and my battery is the same. The update is totally worth it. I honestly think your foolish if you don't update. Bing maps app is faster,better,cuter. Then google maps.
    No, I had GPS turned on before. I re-doctored, but Bing maps auto installed immediately after login. I'll have to remove Maps, backup, doctor again, and see how it goes.

As far as I can see, Maps installs and works, but there I think there is an issue with the Enyo framework on Pre 2. I recommend you do not install.
    Did the update, everything went fine.

Opened up Gov, battery drain was -270 at first and then as the CPU scaled down it went to -119. If I remember correctly, those numbers seem reasonably similar to what it said before.

Bing seems to be pretty nice and it didn't replace my universal search.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    It installed and runs fine with no negative effects on my frankenpre.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Guys where do you get the Bign Maps with Enyo support if you vant access App catalog? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Guys where do you get the Bign Maps with Enyo support if you vant access App catalog? Thanks
    I guess you could try to use Impostah to trick it into installing indirectly. Try the appid "com.palm.app.maps".

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12