1.    #1  
    Does anybody else's Pre 2 constantly disconnect from wi-fi? About 5 times a day, I'll unlock my phone and see that there isn't a wi-fi connection and it doesn't reconnect automatically. I have to reconnect manually. I have confirmed that my sleep setting is set to keep wi-fi on and have tried restarting my router. Any suggestions for this?

Thanks
    does it behave that way at starbucks or when you are connected to another router?
  3.    #3  
    I was just about to try again with my other router running DD-WRT. I'm usually not connected to other routers for a long enough time to comment on that, but I'll try my other and leave it connected for a while to test.
  4.    #4  
    Okay, I have my DD-WRT router set up as a repeater and I connected my Pre 2 successfully. The weird thing is, my Touchpad doesn't have issues and my Pixi Plus that I had before the Pre 2 didn't have issues either. My Pre 2 was also the only device that had Touchstone issues (not that that's related to this).
    are you running the most up to date version of webOS.?
  6.    #6  
    Yes, 2.1.
    My pre2 (also 2.1) does this at my work, but not at my home. I have to turn off wifi when I'm at work, the battery drains much much faster with it on. At home, wifi works fine.

I don't know if this is relevant, but at work we have to log in to wifi with a username and password, and at home I just have my regular WEP key.
  8.    #8  
    My home network uses WEP and does this, no logging in.
    I assume your signal strength is good, too. Sorry, I am out of ideas.. never really was able to figure out why it gives me trouble at work, or why the wifi not staying connected would wear the battery down. Why isn't there a power saving mode for wifi?
  10.    #10  
    Yeah, I have full bars. I had one disconnect with my repeater earlier but that's it. I'll continue to monitor it. I might doctor my phone soon to see if that helps at all if my repeater persists with the same problem. Thanks, though.
    It's not likely that it has anything to do with your phone. My Pre 2 does this at school a lot, and I think I'm just being forced to disassociate. One of my Profs is a SysAdmin here, he had said that they were having to come up with ways to deal with the overwhelming number of phones that were connecting all of a sudden.

It could also have to do with situations where there are multiple access points (as with my school). I've noticed that as I move between access point coverage areas, the phone does not associate until I unlock the screen. That's smart, if you ask me. You might pass through a lot of APs just walking around with the phone in your pocket - it makes sense to put off connecting until you actually use the phone again.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    I assume your signal strength is good, too. Sorry, I am out of ideas.. never really was able to figure out why it gives me trouble at work, or why the wifi not staying connected would wear the battery down. Why isn't there a power saving mode for wifi?
    Why it would drain the battery? Wifi uses a lot less power than 3G, obviously. Wifi doesn't need a power-saving mode, you're saving power when you're connected. These are smartphones - they send and receive a lot of data even when you're not actively using them. You don't want to be doing that with a distant cell tower, if it can be avoided.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    My pre2 (also 2.1) does this at my work, but not at my home. I have to turn off wifi when I'm at work, the battery drains much much faster with it on.
    That seems unlikely, unless you have some apps set up to do things only when you have a wifi connection.
  14.    #14  
    I decided to give live chat a try and they told me to disable data when using wi-fi because the data connection was probably interfering with the wi-fi connection. What do you guys think?
    I am surprised they didn't tell you to erase all of your data. That's what they tell me to do every single time I use live chat for ANY reason.

As for whether data can interfere with wifi.. I don't know, I'm skeptical. I don't know all that much about these things so I can't say it's not possible, it just doesn't feel right. My phone has always been able to figure out whether it should be using data or wifi... Also, this wouldn't explain why it does not happen everywhere, does it? (At least, for me it does not happen everywhere..)
  16.    #16  
    I've NEVER been asked to do that. I'm not very in the know about cell phone technologies either. That's why I decided to ask here, hoping someone else would know. I'm more into computers.