Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    So me and my wife have both been using the Verizon Pre+ since soon after launch. We had been waiting for pre 3's, but alas that does not look like it is going to happen. We finally decided to go for the Pre2 as we love our phones they are just all cracked and broken over the years. Well I just checked Verizon and the pre2 is listed as $150 with a 2 year contract. What the hell!!! I could have sworn the was the free phone a few months ago?!?!?!?
    So is there any way to get this phone at a more reasonable price? I mean I can get a 16gig iPhone 4 for that price, i mean come on!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    You would be better off getting one off ebay and not locked into a 2 year contract for the same price.

Palm Pre 2 - Black (Verizon) Smartphone | eBay

Why so much? They probably don't have many left in stock they are trying to dump, and they know some WebOS fans might not have many alternatives. Leave it to Verizon to screw the customer for every dime they can. I am soooo glad to be off them and onto Sprint.
    Yeah, I'm frustrated and in the same boat as you. I was looking at them last week and drooling for $25. Today I became available for upgrade and saw that they raised the price to $150. It is infuriating.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    You would be better off getting one off ebay and not locked into a 2 year contract for the same price.
    +1

I bought mine from ebay for $125 for an essentially brand new phone, if you're lucky like me you'll find it listed (and priced) as a Pre+ as the original owner didn't realise there was a difference between a Pre+ and a Pre2, even so you'll find good examples for around $150-$175.
    If you're planning on keeping the Pre2 for the next two years you could also use your VZW updgrade to get something more widely desirable (Iphone/Droid etc) and sell it on ebay for a profit, it'd be a shame to see a discounted upgrade go to waste, after all you're paying those high monthly rates to subsidize the upgrade.
    Not VZW, but the unlocked have been a lil pricier on ebay... over the last month I have bought 2 unlocked. 1 for 155ish shipped and 1 for 165ish shipped. Both came NIB with Touchstone... I now have 436356843758934 touchstones.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Anyone know if they still have referbed Pre+ units to exchange for? If not that's a way to get an upgrade if you still have a warranty on your Pre+.
    I'm with VZW too and the news gave me the sudden urge to slap myself! How they can be allowed to just raise the price (seemingly based on post-fire-sale hype) is beyond me. Have you spoken directly with a customer service rep on the phone about their debauchery? I might make the call just 'cause - I still have my NE2 and was planning to get another one.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    I'm with VZW too and the news gave me the sudden urge to slap myself! How they can be allowed to just raise the price (seemingly based on post-fire-sale hype) is beyond me. Have you spoken directly with a customer service rep on the phone about their debauchery? I might make the call just 'cause - I still have my NE2 and was planning to get another one.
    They actually lowered the price a couple times recently. I don't think the price going up was directly related to the firesale. Since it stayed low for a while after the firesale. If anything maybe the price went up because they knew they had webOS fans coming up on their contract renewal/discount.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I got mine off Ebay a few weeks ago for $150 with free shipping. I was able to keep my unlimited data plan and I did not have to burn my NE2. The phone was brand new in the box and was never fired up. It is so much more solid than the +. You can't beat that.

PS. I could have secured it from VNZ for $50 with my upgrade by why blow the NE2 for $100 expecially given the uncertainty surrounding WebOs.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolvwlover View Post
    maybe the price went up because they knew they had webos fans coming up on their contract renewal/discount.
    debauchery!!!
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    debauchery!!!
    Redundant. We said we were talking about Verizon.
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Hahahahahahah Had to post that...sorry.
    Hold on - it seems Verizon plays around with the price every other week or so. $150 is ridiculous, though.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    They're running out of stock. I'm waiting to get mine sent back from the HP shop, and they told me they aren't going to be around long.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Ok, so Verizon just quoted me the 149.99 over the phone as my upgrade price (I am due at the end of November). And that's with a $50 discount he said!

Screw that! For a phone that is pretty much dead?!

Anyway, looks like Ebay is my next best option, still around $150 but at least I don't waste the upgrade/get locked into another 2 years.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    If you are going off contract and willing to got to AT&T (or H2O, who uses AT&T towers), Pre3's are going for ~$200 on ebay. I got mine for $204 shipped, and am getting regular 3G speeds on H2O with unlimited voice, text, data for $60/30 days with no contract. It's nice to be off contract.
    Nah, gotta stick with Verizon unfortunately (fortunately?). Family plan thing.

Wish I hadn't missed the Pre 2 fire sale.

Least I have my TouchPad.
    I wonder if I could negotiate Verizon down. I could justify spending 75-100, but 150 just seems outlandish.
    Had a pre plus that was getting bad.

Go to EBAY - 2 weeks ago I got a brand new Verizon Pre2 new in box, unopened with touchstone for $110 including shipping. In my case, a seller had a few for auction and none sold so I contacted him via email and got it for less than his minimum bid price.

Took only a few minutes to activate through Verizon's phone activation system and my palm profile populated the phone in just a few minutes. No contract, no buying from verizon...really easy.

If you are on ATT, then you can get a Pre 3 for 200-250..there are plenty of those. Unfortunately, the verizon pre 3's price is way to high.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast