1.    #1  
    so far i'm absolutely loving the pre 2, definitely a marked improvement from the pre+. I don't seem to be having the issues some others have with theirs, however there is one thing that bugs me: the gesture area is waaaay too bright. If I get a notification at night it lights up the whole room. I don't want to turn it completely off, but it would be nice if there were some way to lower the brightness back down to pre+ levels. Is this sort of thing possible?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I can't help you with the patch but just wanted to support the request. The gesture area is pretty bright and if a patch was created I'd definitely be using it as well. There is an option in the tweaks app that allows for lower keyboard brightness so it'd be cool if this option was to be added in the same section (system).
    I gave it a shot, but no luck. The LED settings are finicky.

For those curious, I messed with the CoreNavi settings in the /etc/palm/luna.conf file
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I gave it a shot, but no luck. The LED settings are finicky.

For those curious, I messed with the CoreNavi settings in the /etc/palm/luna.conf file
    Is the gesture area that bright? Even when the screen's brightness is low? I am really curious since I wish my Pre Plus notification bar would be brighter.
    Brightness of the LED is based off of the ambient light sensor

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Brightness of the LED is based off of the ambient light sensor
    Even in the Pre Plus?
  7.    #7  
    is there perhaps a way to make it unlinked or maybe a set value a la the keyboard brightness patches? thanks for posting what file it is that controls it, i've been wanting to take a look myself.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Even in the Pre Plus?
    i always thought it was linked to the keyboard led brightness on the pre+
    All I know is there are two settings in the luna.conf file that are attributed as:

ThrobberBrightnessInLight=100
    ThrobberBrightnessInDark=50

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    This doesn't help the OP directly, but I literally stumbled across the thread below today. Some people mentioned it dimmed their light once applied... I have not applied the patch but figured I'd add the information.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ightbar-4.html
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    hmm.. i tried messing with the two values abyssul did to no avail. & I checked out the disable patch & it only changes the 'EnableLightBar' value to false, keeps those other two the same =/ I wonder if it's controlled elsewhere. Anyone know what file controls keyboard brightness? I'd like to check in there