Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry if this topic is discussed already, I just didn't found it. So, my Pre- updated to 2.1 (mind I'm in Europe, so my Pre was UK) was broken about month ago and I took Pre2 (UNA one, I thought that my Pre comm board will match easily). I've tried to activate with my Pre- profile, but it said that Data was not restored to try again. I wanted to delete my old backups, but unfortunately I didn't have a Pre to do this. After few tries I've ended with new profile (new mail etc.). All worked ok, but without 3G, so I've tried to disable backups (to avoid problems) but it was not possible (don't know why) and installed working 3G comm board. Unfortunately my new profile was not able to restore data as well (this is Pre2 again just different comm, why!?). I've created a new profile. All was ok, until yesterday - after battery drain my Pre2 was not able to boot at all - don't know why, but - I doctored it again and I've to create another new profile. This is ridiculous!! Is there a way to access some of my older profiles? Also I've found that Facebook app don't work with Pre2?!? Currently I'm not able to install anything from AppCatalog (Download Failed error) and I don't know why - with previous profile I was able to download just fine.

Can someone help me somehow? Thanks.
    Hi brymcho,

I had the same problem - couldn't activate my unlocked Pre2 using my existing profile(s). I ended up creating new profiles. Backup and AppCatalog never worked form me. I am using DummyMaker from Preware to install AppCatalog apps.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    10x lyovushka,

I saw this tread yes, at first I tough it is different case, now I see that you have the same issue. Anyway - I've got some 6-7 profiles now. After a chat with support I've got App Catalog access (only for free apps of course) so now I just hope that my pre2 keeps my settings and I won't doctor it again. Backups not working here and there is no way to activate with existing profile. Thank you again.