Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I don't want this image to appear on my VZW Pre2 when it sits on my touchstone:

I just want the black background with the current time. How do I modify exhibition so the above image does not display?
    Last edited by AlbanyHDTV; 10/04/2011 at 01:04 PM.
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/dockmode/clock-wallpaper.png

Replace this file with another image, make it 320x480.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

Thanks, I had the same question/request!

But how does one do this, exactly? I opened the Pre 2's files in USB mode, but I don't know how to find that path.

I can find that path and file in Internalz Pro on the device, but what do I do next to add a file? Also, how do I convert a wallpaper .jpg file to a .png?

Thanks!
    Or just touch the screen and it will switch to the black background ;-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  5.    #5  

Thanks, but can I can a little more help?

I've used USB mode to copy a 320 x 480 image from my PC to the DCIM/100PALM folder on my Pre2. This is the image I want to place in the folder you named above. I've even renamed this image as clock-wallpaper.png.

I cannot figure out how to move or copy the file to the dock mode folder with Internalz Pro. I can find my file, but when I select copy or move, it does not allow me to select the dock mode folder to move it to.
    Last edited by AlbanyHDTV; 10/04/2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Did you convert it to a PNG first?

EDIT: follow this tutorial:

http://www.precentral.net/exhibition...brew-webos-2-1
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Here's mine:

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Thanks, everyone, for the tips and links! I seem to have the plain black background I use for wallpaper as my Exhibition background now, too.

I did it in Windows (Windows 7): in USB mode, I found the "black.jpg" file on the Pre 2 using Windows Explorer and converted it by right clicking and selecting "Edit." That made it easy to convert to a .png file. Then I followed the procedure from P|C.
  9.    #9  
    Toni:

Thanks for the link. It appears you have to enable "master mode" in Internalz Pro in order to have access to all the folders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Thanks, everyone, for the tips and links! I seem to have the plain black background I use for wallpaper as my Exhibition background now, too.

I did it in Windows (Windows 7): in USB mode, I found the "black.jpg" file on the Pre 2 using Windows Explorer and converted it by right clicking and selecting "Edit." That made it easy to convert to a .png file. Then I followed the procedure from P|C.
    If you want a plain black background you actually didn't need to do this. Just tap on the screen and the background will be gone.
    If you want a plain black background you actually didn't need to do this. Just tap on the screen and the background will be gone.
    Perhaps, but I'm not inclined to sit there and tap the screen all night--I'd rather sleep! In other words, that's why I have a background that cuts down on the light emission in my bedroom where I have an extra Touchstone on the nightstand. I also use Modeswitcher to reduce brightness etc.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ooo nice. I hate the grass image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Perhaps, but I'm not inclined to sit there and tap the screen all night--I'd rather sleep! In other words, that's why I have a background that cuts down on the light emission in my bedroom where I have an extra Touchstone on the nightstand. I also use Modeswitcher to reduce brightness etc.
    Huh? The touching is a toggle. If it's in dark mode it'll stay in dark mode the next time you put it on the Touchstone.

In fact the way you do it is increasing light output. Either it's now background with dimmed screen or background with preset brightness.

Huh? The touching is a toggle. If it's in dark mode it'll stay in dark mode the next time you put it on the Touchstone.

In fact the way you do it is increasing light output. Either it's now background with dimmed screen or background with preset brightness.
    O.K., I'm not following you. I guess I don't understand Exhibition mode. All I know is that, before reading this thread and replacing the .png file, the green grass background would come on when the Pre 2 was on the TS. This happened when I had a custom mode in Modeswitcher turned on at night, too, that disabled sounds and vibrations and also dims the screen. Now it's nice and black.

If you have a minute, could you walk me through the stock settings what does what? Thanks!
    Here's how my Pre2 behaves on the touchstone:

If it is asleep when I place it on the touchstone, it immediately goes into exhibition mode. This brings up either the blurry grass scene or the black background. If I tap the screen, it switches between the two. If I tap the gesture area, it awakens the phone.

To get back to exhibition, hit the power button.

TIP: To turn the screen off completely while on the touchstone, press the power button while in exhibition mode. Then the phone is completely dark (except for any notifications that come in, which you can turn off in the relevant apps).

Incidentally, this works on the Touchpad too.
    Casio Databank watch, Casio BOSS, Sharp Wizard OZ-8600 256k, HP Palmtop 360LX, Palm IIIc, Motorola StarTac, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre, Palm Pre2, HP Touchpad
  16.    #16  
    Thanks to ToniCipriani, I was able to change the stock exhibition image from the blurred grassy image shown in the first post to the image below (Syracuse University logo):

17.    #17  
    I also have the orange colored image, too. If there are any other 'Cuse fans who would like the images, send me a PM.

I hated that blurry grass image. Now I've got a nice Digital Blasphemy wall in there.
    Doesn't the normal grass image leave the black bar at the bottom for notifications? Looks like that is gone in your image.

Either way i think I will change mine, hate the grass image, just curious.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Doesn't the normal grass image leave the black bar at the bottom for notifications? Looks like that is gone in your image.

Either way i think I will change mine, hate the grass image, just curious.
    Not a black bar, but a transparent gray one. I see my background through it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast