1.    #1  
    I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything; basically I managed to get an unlocked Pre 2 and had it set up w/ no SIM via Impostah, but afterwards I've tried several SIMs and they all show up as No Service. 2 of the SIMs are Japanese [Docomo and Emobile], and one is a UK SIM for Three (which I was using a week ago in London on a Pre3).

Is this a hardware issue? Or do I need to modify a file first on the Pre2 for the Japanese providers to be properly detected?
    Last edited by crayolarocks; 01/13/2012 at 07:54 AM.
  2.    #2  
    i decided to tackle this again, finding out that the Pre2 does support UMTS-2100 which should work on Docomo. So hopefully someone has a tip/reference...?
    Leave the SIM in it, run the doctor on it and try to setup hp webOS account without skipping first use done yet??
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4.    #4  
    still says "No Service"... thanks for the idea though.
    As someone who was in the same situation only yesterday, it looks like the first SIM inserted in the device somehow gets "locked" and the device fails to recognise any other SIM inserted afterwards. I tried many things, but it looks like what worked is to activate via Wi-Fi and do a full erase, insert fresh SIM with data and log into your Palm profile.
    Game over!
  6.    #6  
    I did try to reset a few times, unfortunately I haven't been able to see any message other than the "No Service". Going to try out a few Meta Doctor options; but I'm beginning to suspect a hardware issue...
    Sorry, where are you located and where are the SIM cards from?
    If you're using prepaid foreign cards which aren't unlocked for foreign use, or are otherwise not valid or active, of course you'll get a No service message.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    As someone who was in the same situation only yesterday, it looks like the first SIM inserted in the device somehow gets "locked" and the device fails to recognise any other SIM inserted afterwards. I tried many things, but it looks like what worked is to activate via Wi-Fi and do a full erase, insert fresh SIM with data and log into your Palm profile.
    Extremely unlikely. I know my SIMs and locks in webos and never heard of this.