Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I can't get my Pre 2 to charge the battery. It gets really hot just below the battery. Teh battery doesn't get hot at all, but it drains within an hour. I'm on the phone with verizon to get a replacement right now, but I'd really like to not have to reload everything again.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    did you try a battery pull and re-seat?
    I think that happened to me after I started using the Touchpad charger on my Pre-... Also, the battery could be damaged... I'm not too sure though, sorry I couldn't help more!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I'm able to charge the same battery in my old phone, but not the new one.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Just started having that problem with my Pre 2 today. Any clues?
    I know that mine was fine until I loaded Govnah and I had my old Pre+ profiles set on there. Wonder if one of those profiles messed up something in my phone. I remove Govnah and reinstalled it and the only profile I have now is the Palm default for the Pre 2 but still my phone is hot and dies - even on a touchstone. Also, the CPU temp in Govnah is blank. Should it be blank?
    [Note: Govnah is a great program and has a lot a failsafes. Not trying to blame the program but maybe the way I used it caused an issue. Other programs were running when I noticed the problem so it could be one of those.]

Wait, the last thing I did was plug in my phone to my car charger. It was in the sun for part of the time while it was charging so I dismissed the heat. But the 3rd part charger could have damaged something.
    Any chance I'm wrong and doctoring the Pre will bring it back to normal?
    Last edited by workerb; 10/12/2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Filling in events of the day to try to trace the problem