Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Midway99
  • 1 Post By Nightburn
  1.    #1  
    On a Pre2. I'm guessing Verizon doesn't have any plans to get us there, so any frankin or other method?
    mc_wardy likes this.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Something I've been wondering as well, with the pre 3 meta doc being released it could be possible, though would it even be worth it?
    would be worth it for tp text msg sharing
    hf199 likes this.
    I've also been wondering this for Skype in the UK.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Definitely for text TP sharing!
    I keep hoping for this for Pre2 and Veer...

Then again, I keep hoping since the ATT Pre3 doctor with update came out that maybe we see Pre2 and Veer doctors get out.

If I can get TTS/SMS sharing, my desire for a Pre3 will be pretty much gone. Sure it has some cool specs, but I find myself thinking I don't really need one when I think of the Veer and Pre2 having TTS/SMS sharing. (especially when 2 Pre2s can be had for the price of Pre3)
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/28/2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: clarifying initial post
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I keep hoping for this for Pre2 and Veer...

Then again, I keep hoping since the ATT Pre3 doctor with update came out that maybe we see Pre2 and Veer doctors get out.

If I can get TTS, my desire for a Pre3 will be pretty much gone. Sure it has some cool specs, but I find myself thinking I don't really need one when I think of the Veer and Pre2 having TTS. (especially when 2 Pre2s can be had for the price of Pre3)
    I believe you would need more that 2.2 to get TTS to work. Aren't there additional coils in the Pre3 that trigger TTS?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I believe you would need more that 2.2 to get TTS to work. Aren't there additional coils in the Pre3 that trigger TTS?
    Sorry Veer has TTS, and Pre2 for SMS sharing. Will fix my initial post, have gotten to using TTS in general when referring to the feature talking about the Veer. Not really worries about the URL sharing as that's a novelty, I just want the bluetooth pairing to share SMS.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...