Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By giggles
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    However now that I'm picking through the posts, it seems like people are saying it's not worth it. Good to hear the processor's so good that people don't feel the need to overclock, but I was hoping to mess with the phone and push it to the limits.

Can anyone rec a good overclock then?

thanks.
    I've had mine since march, and still haven't overclocked it. It is plenty fast already
    I recommend uberkernel not for the 100 extra MHz, but for the awesome screenstate governer that seems to help my battery life.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Good to hear Verizon still has some 2's left. I hope there are some when my contract comes due in a few months. It is mind boggling that they dont offer some kind of upgrade program from the Plus to the Two. Having to wait two years seems unnecessary.
    rhauer, if you call into the tech support they can (not always) move up your renew date a month sometimes 2.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Definitely check with Verizon. My contract wasn't up for a few months yet when I upgraded mine and my son's last month from the Plus to the 2 and Verizon gave 'em to me for $4.99 each. No-brainer! And they are sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    Definitely check with Verizon. My contract wasn't up for a few months yet when I upgraded mine and my son's last month from the Plus to the 2 and Verizon gave 'em to me for $4.99 each. No-brainer! And they are sweet!
    When you say it wasn't up for a few months, do you mean it wasn't over or wasn't up for early renewal? I ask because they normally offer early renewal 4 months before your contract actually ends.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Good to hear Verizon still has some 2's left. I hope there are some when my contract comes due in a few months. It is mind boggling that they dont offer some kind of upgrade program from the Plus to the Two. Having to wait two years seems unnecessary.
    if you were talking to me, I picked mine up on ebay for $142 +$9 for shipping. I wouldnt waste an upgrade on this phone, pre3 maybe... really what i want is to keep the free mobile hotspot... i think as long as i don't trigger a new contract i keep the hotspot.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    if you were talking to me, I picked mine up on ebay for $142 +$9 for shipping. I wouldnt waste an upgrade on this phone, pre3 maybe... really what i want is to keep the free mobile hotspot... i think as long as i don't trigger a new contract i keep the hotspot.
    Nope, you loose your Pixi+ or Pre+ MHS when you upgrade to the Pre2.

No worries though, freeTether will get the job done.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    i would not get a new pre 2 under contract right now.....
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    defff purchase an upgrade it works out better in the long run.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ya def not overclocking on mine and 0 issues even when getting pretty heavy on cards including navigation and big games, so that's a plus, but will check it out now as I didn't think about battery savings. I def. can say my battery life before I loaded Preware and patches was doing really well. I didn't sideload a few days after I meta-doctored just to let things settle in and it got above avg bat life in my use and I wasn't curbing my daily usage or anything. Seems to me that when I started in on the patches is when it took a real hit. The way it jumped in consumption makes me think there has to be some memory leak. Since the development and updates for 2.x compared to when everyone was on unified 1.4.x and a lot more pouring in of new and updated patches is much less, improvements and whatnot have been slower. That said I'm happy to accept this tradeoff since I made the choice and others have put in hours of effort and kind enough to share. God knows I couldn't create these helpful tweaks, do I just happy someone is and makes them available.

I would venture to guess the Pre 2 may see more updates possibly than the other phones. WebOS 1.4.5 is/wasn't expected to see continued updates, and the Pre 3 doesn't even have an official userbase. Though I could see them getting the Pre 2 and 3 caught up to mirror one another sans the parts that the Preł can handle that the 2 can't because of hardware.. I.e. Cameras in front & back. If they really do keep updating the Pre 3 other than mostly fixes I'd got to believe they would be doing so in part to improve the os for possible new devices made by other handset makers... But who knows?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Overclocking is better for your phone. People can say this and that about how its not needed. But done the correct way can increase battery performance. Lower cpu and system voltages to keep your phone and battery safer and faster.
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    i would not get a new pre 2 under contract right now.....
    I did. I've been with Verizon since they were GTE. I've no plans to go anywhere, as my corporate discount is sweet.

To each, their own....

Take Care