1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me tether my PS3 via my Frankenpre?
    What do you need help with? You should be able to turn on freetether and connect to it like any other hotspot.
  3.    #3  
    It hasn't been that easy. It wont obtain the IP address. Tried it numerous times and still no luck. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewbaby View Post
    It hasn't been that easy. It wont obtain the IP address. Tried it numerous times and still no luck. Any suggestions?
    I have the same issues when connecting to my TP. Doesn't get an ip address. What you can do is manually give it an ip, in settings, and it should connect just fine after.
  5.    #5  
    That's what I tried doing and nothing happens. Still not obtaining the IP. I spent an hour attempting to obtain the IP address manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewbaby View Post
    That's what I tried doing and nothing happens. Still not obtaining the IP. I spent an hour attempting to obtain the IP address manually.
    on my TP I had to manually put in a DNS server to get it to work with freetether
  7.    #7  
    I put everything in there correctly. IP, subnet, DHCP, and I read on here somewhere that the DNS should be 8 8 8 0. After putting all that in, it still won't obtain the IP address. Has anyone found this to be a problem and if so, is there a way around it?
  8.    #8  
    anybody?
    can you tether other devices properly? Are you sure the problem is specific to your PS3?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    can you tether other devices properly? Are you sure the problem is specific to your PS3?
    I agree with rogerkang, Try tether to other devices, I used to tether to xbox 360 on my Sprint Pre- with no issues. PS3 gives problems with EVERYTHING!
  11.    #11  
    Freetether works like a charm on my laptop. Never had ANY problems. But my ps3 hasn't connected EVER. I'm starting to think it doesn't work for ps3.