1.    #1  
    Just received an unlocked Palm Pre 2 (north american model, checked the SN), and after activating it with my Fido SIM here in Vancouver - the phone is consistently stuck on roaming mode.

What could possibly be going on?

I have access to the app store, and they certainly seem to be North American apps. Phone works in all ways except for the fact that it thinks it's roaming.

Any help would be great.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post
    Just received an unlocked Palm Pre 2 (north american model, checked the SN), and after activating it with my Fido SIM here in Vancouver - the phone is consistently stuck on roaming mode.

What could possibly be going on?

I have access to the app store, and they certainly seem to be North American apps. Phone works in all ways except for the fact that it thinks it's roaming.

Any help would be great.
    oh, by the way - I'm on Fido

Still trying to figure this out, the frequencies all check out, anybody have any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post
    oh, by the way - I'm on Fido

Still trying to figure this out, the frequencies all check out, anybody have any suggestions?
    I have the same problem here in Spain. Is Fido a VMO? My carrier SMIYO is a VMO on the Orange network. The odd thing is that the R symbol disappears with a YOIGO SIM which is a VMO on the Telefonica and Vodafone networks..