Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm coming back to webOS!

My wife and I got Sprint Pres in October 2009, and immediately fell in love...with the OS, anyway. The hardware quality always bothered me. I lived with the Oreo effect, and I could tolerate the slow processor (Preware to the rescue!), but when my headphone jack was constantly thinking I still had headphones connected, and I could not answer calls in time, that was the last straw. We switched to Android in October 2010, and I figured that was that.

I still followed webOS here, and I still missed the elegant simplicity of webOS. When August's announcements were made, I was very disappointed and upset (and co-workers of mine that knew I was a webOS afficionado were less than supportive!).

We switched from Sprint to Verizon in June to grandfather ourselves into unlimited data. We also went with 4G phones, in case Verizon decided to differentiate between unlimited 3G and 4G at a later date. I started with an HTC Thunderbolt, and my wife has a Samsung Droid Charge. They're nice, but...not webOS!

Once I confirmed with Verizon that I can switch from a 4G to a 3G smartphone and retain my unlimited data (and can switch back to a 4G smartphone and STILL retain unlimited data), I ordered Pre 2s for my wife and myself last night. I can't wait!

My wife wanted a smaller phone (she loved how the Pre fit in her pocket so easily), and it only took me 5 minutes of fiddling with my (now-Wifi-only) Pre to remember how much better an OS it is than Android.

So I'm rambling, and I'm sure no one cares, but I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of our Pre 2s so I can return to the webOS fold!!!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Dude! nice, welcome back. Pre 2's and quite an experience bring really shows webos real potential. I think in essence what the original pre should have been.
    MadManMoon likes this.
    Welcome Back!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    MadManMoon likes this.
    I just switched from my trusty but 2 year old Sprint Pre minus to the Sprint Franken Pre 2 on Saturday and I'm in webOS heaven! Can't believe I waited so long to do this. Welcome back!
    MadManMoon and ananimus like this.
    Welcome Back! I just got a pre 2 after living with a pre - for more than 2 years... I can tell you right now, if you liked the pre - you will absolutely love the pre 2.
    MadManMoon and kataran like this.
    Awesome man. If you liked 1.x webOS, you will love 2.x webOS. Plus the better hardware, glass screen, it is awesome.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    geez, I remember the days when oreos were the favorite cookies around here...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    geez, I remember the days when oreos were the favorite cookies around here...
    Although I am not implying a double-entendre, hey, I can't even spell it, lemon cookies are mine!

Speaking of Pre-oreos, I dropped my Pre+ and it developed the cookie twist, but I got the GRT slider case which has made the oreo disappear...kind of like I make the real cookies disappear when I see one!

an AGF GRT slider case.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...er-design.html
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

sorry...my finger must have twitched...double post removed...saved a virtual tree.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    i've had mine for 3 weeks now and the leap between the Pre- to the Pre 2 is huge. TMC error is gone. But can be forced but it is not easy to produce. Keyboard is allot better. The slider is way better, solid as a rock. The text assist is a huge improvement and the possibility to ad your own words and shortcuts makes typing with corrections seamless even for me that use Swedish words. The battery management is much better. It lasts longer but not that much if you use the phone all the time the benefit of the management is when the phone is not used with the screen off lying beside the bed or in the pocket the Pre 2 use very little power. I've tried a few times to just put it beside the bed and when I wake the battery have lost just 3-4%.
    Now I have a touchstone that i use at night and one in my car so battery power is not a problem. The short story is, HP should have pushed the Pre 2 hard instead of trying to compete in hardware and we would have much different webos story. The Pre 2 is just great I can not get enough.

/Beca
  11.    #11  
    I've been playing with my Pre and my Thunderbolt side-by-side, and it's funny how comically huge the Android phone looks in comparison! Also, it's amazing how quickly I got re-addicted to swiping...and how ineffective that is on the Thunderbolt!

Now I'm checking eBay every 15 minutes to see if the phones shipped. Can't wait!
    See I love the smaller size of the Pre 2, but it is a little small for web browsing. I do miss the bigger screens of the other smartphones. The Pre 3 would have fixed that problem (damn you hp!), I think 3.6 is the perfect size for a smartphone, anything over that is too big imo. Anyways what is the oreo effect? The only thing I have gathered is it happened on the older pre's, it has to do with the screen, and no one likes it!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    Anyways what is the oreo effect? The only thing I have gathered is it happened on the older pre's, it has to do with the screen, and no one likes it!
    The slider could grow loose between the two halves over time, so if you gripped the phone in both hands, it would twist slightly - just like you'd twist an Oreo apart.
  14.    #14  
    Posting from my trusty Sprint Pre Minus freshly MetaDoctor'd to webOS 2.1.0. I can't wait to see how it'll do with newer hardware!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Sprint__________________________ GSM___ Verizon_________________
  15.    #15  
    They shipped this morning! Should be delivered Friday or Saturday! Can't wait!

Nice, good luck man!!
  17.    #17  
    Should be delivered tomorrow! It's in MD this morning! Maybe even today!!!
    kataran likes this.
    pre2 is the webOS holy grail
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Yes welcome back and I would love some more insight on leaving a year ago and coming back?

My wife and I are still on Sprint with our 2 year old Pre- phones. Actually, a few things have changed recently and I just switched our software back to webOS 1.4.5 (using Sprint's official release for the Pre). Either way, webOS 1.4.5 has brought life back to our phones that simply rebooted too often running webOS 2.1 and this should allow us to survive another couple months till we figure out where we head next.

Please get back with us about your Android conversions, coming back to webOS on Verizon with the Pre 2, and thought about the who ordeal. My wife and I are interested would love to hear your insight. Thanks and yes Welcome Back! Sorli...
  20.    #20  
    Guess what I'm posting from!!!

I will post more impressions in a few days, but for now all I'll say is...this is what the Pre- should have been!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Sprint__________________________ GSM___ Verizon_________________
    orkavic likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast