1.    #1  
    I've been trying to search for this problem rather than make a new post, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Here's the problem: I have a Pre 2 (Verizon) to franken with my current Sprint Pre-. The hardware swap is not going to be a problem - I can do that.

My concern is the Meta-doctor. I have followed the Wiki instructions up to the point of modifying my Palm Profile. But before I did that, I decided to connect my current Pre- to computer just to make sure that they are recognizing each other.

Connected via USB, and the phone started charging, but I have no indication of it connecting to Ubuntu. I am an absolute newb to Linux - about 24 hours. I was able to figure out how to get novacom, metadoctor, and palm sdk on, but I have no idea to test to see if they're working. I also don't know how to find them on my computer!

When I do a search I find everything installed over on the Windows partition, but I don't know if I've done it right on Ubuntu. Are there any videos to show me how?

Thanks -
  2.    #2  
    I think where I'm stuck is in downloading the Palm SDK - the Palm website says:

Installing the SDK on Ubuntu Linux

A note about PDK development on Linux: The current SDK for Linux includes headers and libraries needed to do PDK development for the device and for the emulator. It also includes an arm-gcc toolchain for compiling applications for the device. If you are running a 32-bit i686 Linux desktop, you should be able to use the standard g++ compiler. (On x64 Linux, the native desktop toolchain will generate x64 code, which will not work in the emulator.)
    Update the Package Repository Information

Update the Package Repository Information to /etc/apt/sources.list:

If you are using 10.04 (Lucid Lynx):

deb Index of /virtualbox/debian/ lucid non-free

If you are installing on 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope):

deb Index of /virtualbox/debian/ jaunty non-free

Download and register the OracleŽ public key for apt-secure:

wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...racle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -

Refresh the package index files:

sudo apt-get update

I'm not sure what to do here - when I try entering these commands into the Terminal, I get:

No command 'deb' found, did you mean:
    Command 'debc' from package 'devscripts' (main)
    Command 'derb' from package 'libicu-dev' (main)
    Command 'dab' from package 'bsdgames' (universe)
    Command 'debi' from package 'devscripts' (main)
    Command 'xdeb' from package 'xdeb' (universe)
    deb: command not found

Any ideas? I'm at the root directory in Linux, as far as I know.
    This is not a command to type into the terminal. This is a line to add to the sources.list file. Open /etc/apt/sources.list - you'll see lines like this: deb something something - just add deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lucid non-free (if you're on 10.04).
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    First how did you install ubuntu? dual boot? I dual booted and didnt even need to install the sdk the guide says you dont all you need is novacom. And the metadoctor should be installed in the linux partition I believe or ubuntu dosent allow shell scripts to run that arent in its environment make sure you have atleast 10 gigs of free space on the ubuntu partition.
  5.    #5  
    Ubuntu is on dual boot. What I don't know is how to bring up any programs. When I connect my Pre to my computer via USB, there is no indication that there is any connection.

How do I open WebOS Doctor?

Thanks -
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    This is not a command to type into the terminal. This is a line to add to the sources.list file. Open /etc/apt/sources.list - you'll see lines like this: deb something something - just add deb Index of /virtualbox/debian/ lucid non-free (if you're on 10.04).
    Okay - how to I access the /etc/apt/sources.list? Is it through the terminal, or can I find it through the desktop?

When I do a search, I only find to Etc folders, and neither of them have apt/sources