1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I am using European unlocked Pre 2. I've tried to perform full erase and then doctored it, but certain things are not back into factory state. For example, once I got mad at App Catalog (because it wasn't working) and removed it using Prepared. At the reboot it was back, but with Palm logo, instead of HP logo. Now after full erase and doctor the App Catalog is with Palm logo. It is not that I desperately want the HP logo, but it tells me that the phone is not in factory state.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    It is in factory state. The phone shipped with the palm app catalog. You'll be prompted to update the app catalog eventually.
  3.    #3  
    No, mine shipped with HP app catalog. And I also Doctored it once in early days and it was with HP app catalog.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure that all models shipped with the palm catalog. know that mine came with the palm cat out of the box and it changed it to the HP cat with a system update.

But I COULD be wrong... I was wrong once... When I thought I was wrong.
  5.    #5  
    I am pretty sure mine came with HP app catalog, mine also came with webOS 2.1.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    All came with the hp cat. Just redoctor the phone.
  7.    #7  
    I've doctored it twice. The point is that I can't activate my phone with my existing profiles. It gives me an error like "couldn't retrieve data" and I have to create a new profile. All palm support could do is just waste another hour by asking me to do various types of erases on a doctored phone. So the first thing I want to do, is to bring my phone into the factory state.

Also, both times I got an error "we were unable to reset your phone" from the doctor and had to start all over again. I wasn't using Palm's cable though. Could this be a reason of improper reset? I'll try to doctor it with Palm's cable, when I get my hands on it.
  8.    #8  
    Just doctored again using Palm's cable. Still can't login to my palm account (had to create a new one) and still catalog is with Palm logo.

Anybody has any ideas?

Thanks again
  9.    #9  
    Ok, I've found out that the app catalog logo is located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/appcatalog.png. Is it possible that /media/cryptofs is not restored by the doctor?
  10.    #10  
    Have done some more research. Apparently, app catalog is being reinstalled from /usr/palm/ipks/com.palm.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk. I have extracted this file from the doctor and they match exactly. So the doctor is not going to help me to recover HP catalog. By the way I am using http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...03ueuna-wr.jar