1.    #1  
    Does anyone else's Pre2 hum when it on the TS charging? mine has just started doing this.
    My wife's Touchstone and Pre were humming. It was caused by a bit of electrical tape between the touchstone and the pre (we have the touchstone taped into a cup, we use this one in our car too). Once I moved the tape, the humming stopped.

Make sure the back of the pre is on all the way and nothing is interfering between the touchstone and the pre.

Good luck.
    Casio Databank watch, Casio BOSS, Sharp Wizard OZ-8600 256k, HP Palmtop 360LX, Palm IIIc, Motorola StarTac, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre, Palm Pre2, HP Touchpad
    Never seen this on any of our TS's or any of the phones. As Stacey suggested, check the back to make sure its snug.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    I just thought it was doing it when it was 100%, but its not, it humms at 100, but when its charging up to 100 it sounds like a clock ticking. Its very faint, you have to put your ear up to the touchstone, but its there. I might be the back cover, I'll take the cover off my pre+ and switch it.
    We had already had reports of this. I personally never had.
    One other thing I didn't think to add, do you have multiple touchstones? If so is it doing it on all of them?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #7  
    Yup its doing it on my 2 TS's.
    if mine isn't positioned correctly, it makes a humming noise. It annoys me so much that half the time I just take out the USB and plug it straight into the phone.
    Hmmm must be something funky with the backplate then, I was only asking because I have had a faulty NIB Touch.
  10.    #10  
    You're right it was a bad backplate, took the 1 off my Pre+ and its not humming anymore.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Weird. Do you notice anything different or deformed between the 2?
  12.    #12  
    No I didnt, and my gf's pre2 is actually doing the same thing. Also love your avatar