09/22/2011, 10:27 PM
I know I was struggling before getting it to work, and I know some others were as well so since I FINALLY got it working today I figured I would post on how to get it working. Here are the steps that I have done, I do not know if you need to do them all, but it worked for me! I am using my Pre2 on Verizon and have 2.1 installed.
1. Go to location services
2. When there go to preferences and hit locate me using
3. Make sure google services and GPS both have checks next to them.
4. Download GPS fix from the app catalog, you need this app, it's the only way.
5. Make sure the GPS is actually turned on! (I use GPS toggle from Preware as it's the easiest to turn it on and off)
6. Open GPS fix and make sure enable is turned on. Also you can set how often it reawakes the GPS, I have mine set for 5min, the app says 20 is okay, I have it on my charger so I have only tested with 5min. Next in the top left corner hit GPS fix and bring down the menu.
7. From here I am not sure which actually does which but the order I hit them is Attempt accuracy, Get GPS Fix and finally Get current location. I don't know if you need to hit all 3, but I got it to work today so I was just happy for that!
8. Run Ndrive, it should pick up your location right away and be able to track you. I keep GPS fix running and just stack the two together.
This has been a constant headache for me and I was nearly ready to give up, I have tested it 3 different times since I got it to work and it has worked flawlessly every time. I hope this helps those that are struggling with it!