1.    #1  
    I know I was struggling before getting it to work, and I know some others were as well so since I FINALLY got it working today I figured I would post on how to get it working. Here are the steps that I have done, I do not know if you need to do them all, but it worked for me! I am using my Pre2 on Verizon and have 2.1 installed.
    1. Go to location services
    2. When there go to preferences and hit locate me using
    3. Make sure google services and GPS both have checks next to them.
    4. Download GPS fix from the app catalog, you need this app, it's the only way.
    5. Make sure the GPS is actually turned on! (I use GPS toggle from Preware as it's the easiest to turn it on and off)
    6. Open GPS fix and make sure enable is turned on. Also you can set how often it reawakes the GPS, I have mine set for 5min, the app says 20 is okay, I have it on my charger so I have only tested with 5min. Next in the top left corner hit GPS fix and bring down the menu.
    7. From here I am not sure which actually does which but the order I hit them is Attempt accuracy, Get GPS Fix and finally Get current location. I don't know if you need to hit all 3, but I got it to work today so I was just happy for that!
    8. Run Ndrive, it should pick up your location right away and be able to track you. I keep GPS fix running and just stack the two together.
    This has been a constant headache for me and I was nearly ready to give up, I have tested it 3 different times since I got it to work and it has worked flawlessly every time. I hope this helps those that are struggling with it!
    Nice find. I have a Sprint Pre2 so I cant testify if this works, but its good you spent so much time trying to find a solution.
    Now you need to install mode switcher and set this up as a custom mode so it does all those things for you.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Worked for me. Repped!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Now you need to install mode switcher and set this up as a custom mode so it does all those things for you.
    I use Mode Switcher and love the way it works with 2.1 but can all these steps really be covered with Mode Switcher? If so, it is beyond the scope of my current use of the app. I'm going to have to look into this a bit...
    Beyond the scope of my current use of the app as well (mostly out of my own laziness). Might want to post something in the mode switcher app. Since people can save and share mode switching profiles, might find someone with some free time to figure it out for you. I have seen some folks get way complex in their mode setups..... never know.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    nice... Someone needs to figure out how to get the sprintnav working on all our sprint pre 2's..
  8.    #8  
    What is mode switcher and how does that work? You only have to really do 3 steps once you do the ones I listed above.
    1. Turn the GPS on
    2. Open GPS fix and do the steps in there
    3. Run Ndrive
    It is a little bit of work, but I am just so happy I didn't lose $25 lol. How is Navit in preware?