Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everything went great with the whole operation. Yesterday at work my phone lost the data connection, it kept giving the error for failure to connect to data. I work an hour away from home, so when I called sprint to inquire if there was a data outage for my home area, they confirmed. But I was more than 60 miles from home when I lost the data. At the same time everybody else's data was working fine. Anyways I made a mistake of Doing a complete erase of my phone and now I can't activate cuz there is still no data connection. Any Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Swap it back out into the pre- update prl. and reswap and doctor.
  3.    #3  
    I cant update the PRL on my old Pre- because the touchscreen is broken on that phone. Any other advice?
    just to make sure, did you have the pre- activated with sprint before you did the frankenpre operation?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Use this. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...print-prl.html

Update the prl. either on the pre- before swap or on the pre 2 after.
  6.    #6  
    Yes it was activated and I had been using it for months before I did the operation. Even after the operation, my pre2 was working just fine. It only happened couple days ago.
  7.    #7  
    Ok I did the doctor again but I have the same problem, there is no data connection so I can't activate my phone anymore. So what are my options now? I can't use my Pre- to do PRL update because the screen is broken on that one. The PRL update, do you do that before running the doctor or after? And do you do that in Linux's Terminal? Please help me here because I can't seem to figure anything out.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    wow.... I said in my last post. update the PRL following the tut in that link. I posted earlier. Do it on your pre - and reactivate using sprint online doctor first if you want to be sure. Then re commboard swap.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, but I can't use my Pre- because of broken screen, so it has to be done with Pre2. Now my question is do I do that before I do the doctor or after? Sorry for the trouble.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haseeb81 View Post
    Thanks, but I can't use my Pre- because of broken screen, so it has to be done with Pre2. Now my question is do I do that before I do the doctor or after? Sorry for the trouble.
    I could be wrong here, because I didn't read the link that giggles posted, but I think the method he is giving you is a manual way to do it in which you don't need to use the screen.

If that's not the case, then never mind but I can't imagine he would post it twice knowing that your screen is broken if you need to use your screen to do it. Have you tried his method?

Fej180
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    If folks are trying to help you out, you might bother to at least look at the link.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for everybody's help. I did look at the link but I am still confused. So I should put the commboard back in Pre- and do the PRL update through linux just like I did the doctor and then redo the whole process? I am sorry for any trouble I am causing you guys but I really am grateful for all your help.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    You can put it back in the Pre- and do it through novacom(webos quick install /tools /linux command line) on either windows or linux.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    You can put it back in the Pre- and do it through novacom(webos quick install /tools /linux command line) on either windows or linux.
    Thanks Lurk! and Fej

Yha Just reswap the commboard back into your pre- update the PRL using this guide(Just install webos quick install and use the command line option in there to access your phone.) Then restart the phone and try reactivating the commboard. (And idk if you have TEP and the its just the ts on the pre- not working you should be able to swap for free at a sprint store.)
  15.    #15  
    Thanks again guys, I do do TEP but Sprint won't repair my phone because it has a crack on the screen so it will have to be an insurance. Another thing happened now, I tried to do the doctor again and this time it gives me this error.
    "Activation Error, You may need to activate your phone by going to.
    You will need your HEX MEID" then it has the ESN number and below, it says when you are sure you have activated your phone try again."
    Now I have 2 question, first I thought once you go tp 2.X profile, you can't go back to 1.4. Second even if I use webos quickinstall, wouldn't I still have to activate my phone pre- first anyways, which I can't do because of broken screen. I guess I can buy a cheap used Pre- but I am under the impression that once you go 2.X you can't go back to 1.4. So please let me know about that. Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Hasseee. Please just listen to us. We are trying to help you and you dont follow are instructions. Your pre 2 wont work because its not activated. And when activating a phone you dont need to sign into your regular profile, just create another one. and no the phone dosent need to be activated to use with quick install. NOW listen.

Swap sprint board back into pre-.
    Do the prl update from the link I posted above.
    Activate the phone online or over the air with a sprint operator or in store.
    Once activated reswap into pre2 and restart the doctor process again.

You dont need to have your screen working to activate the phone.
    You dont need to have it activated first to use webosqi to update the prl.
    You dont need to sign into your regular profile when reactivating the pre- Create a new one.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks Giggles, I really appreciate your help, sorry to be a pain in the ***. I will let you guys know how it went.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Its fine bro.. I had a day of trouble getting my pre 2 to work when swapped out of a beat pre. Dont worrry tho. Over here at precentral we got you!
  19.    #19  
    Ok so one last thing here. I swaped my comboard back to Pre- but because the board has been flashed with WebOs 2.X, the Pre- doesn't work. Its stuck on the very first screen of activation where you would pick a language, on top left it says phone offline and on top right it only has battery icon with no cellular signal. I was able to fix the screen so now if I can get this Pre- to work I can update my prl and everything. I tried to do that doctor with WebOs 1.4.5 but my phone won't go into USB mode so It won't connect to the computer. The phone is giving me error message that: Your phone could not resolve the problem, please contact Palm.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Can you try putting the phone in recovery mode.

To put your device in USB update mode:

Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    If you can, turn off your device. See Turn everything (the screen and wireless services) on/off .
    If the device has a removable battery, remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre phone or Replacing the battery on a Pixi phone. Skip this step if your device does not have a removable battery.
    Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the device.
    Note
    You can press and hold the R key instead, which may be easier.

Release the volume up button (or R key) when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.
    Connect your device to your computer. The Next button becomes available.
    Click Next to continue with webOS Doctor.

If the Next button remains unavailable, it may be because your device was disconnected from your computer during the driver installation process. In this circumstance, Windows cannot communicate with your device to install the drivers until you clear the driver installation state.

To clear the driver state, do the following:

On your computer, right-click My Computer and click Properties.
    Click the Hardware tab, and click Device Manager.
    On the Device Manager list, locate the item displaying a yellow question mark and/or exclamation point.
    Right-click that item, and click Uninstall.
    Click OK to uninstall the device from the system. The driver state is now cleared, and your device no longer appears in the list.
    Run webOS Doctor again, connecting your device to your computer only when prompted.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast