Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I am going to be performing the operation probably this weekend. I just got my Verizon Palm Pre 2 in the mail today. I just want to make sure I fully understand the process before I attempt it and totally fail. I have an original Palm Pre 1 with Sprint that is no longer activated. So this is what (I think) I'm supposed to do, and if I am missing something, please let me know.

1. Doctor original Palm Pre 1 to get a fresh start
    - At that point is it ok to log into my Palm Profile, or should I not do that?

2. Take Palm Pre 1 to Sprint and have them activate it.

3. Take Palm Pre 1 apart and remove the comm board.

4. Take Palm Pre 2 apart and insert Sprint comm board.

5. Run Meta-Doctor on Palm Pre 2 and then log into profile and finished.

Are those the right steps or am I missing something? Thanks
    Fej180
    I will be attempting the same thing - the only thing that really scares me is the meta-doctoring - never done that before!

I will be following the Wiki TO THE LETTER!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I did it one time when changing my dad's Palm Pre 1 to Webos 2.0 or 2.1, I don't remember which. But once you had everything set up it was easy, it did all the work, its just a matter of making sure you set everything up right.
    Once you got the meta doc your in good shape !! The rest is simple if you just make sure you take your time !*

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    @ Fej180

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll share with you an excel file that I prepared as checklist to complete the Frankenpre process. I did it with my Sprint Pre- and Verizon Pre2 like a week ago and everything went very well.

You can actually complete all the Ubuntu, Java and Novacom installation in your PC prior to have perform the comm board swap. And more important, you will have also the chance to backup everything in your Pre-.