Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. gamblers4's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
       #1  
    So those of you that have had the Pre2 since around launch (or the last 6mnths) been disappointed with the build quality?

    Thanks in advance for your insight and thoughts.
  2. #2  
    Glass screen is much nicer. Flash works sometimes and the 1 Ghz processor is very nice. The weight is definitely heavier. The keys are clickier. The slider is better but still has some oreo to it when closed. Overall an improvement.
  3. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #3  
    Mines solid as a rock. my gorilla glass screen is amazing and the slider is snug as a glove. keyboard feels great. build quality pretty awesome
  4. #4  
    My slider feels loose, but overall it's a great phone. The glass screen is really nice.
  5. tvouge's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #5  
    My slider is also a little loose, I'm going to try to track down a T5 screwdriver and see if the old unscrew rescrew (besides the palm sticker) fix from the pre -/+ works. Otherwise I've had it for a few days and it seems quite solid. Battery life was pretty bad for the first few days, but seems to be getting better as days go by (I'm thinking this battery drain is due to background syncing).
  6. dki378's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyCannoli View Post
    Glass screen is much nicer. Flash works sometimes and the 1 Ghz processor is very nice. The weight is definitely heavier. The keys are clickier. The slider is better but still has some oreo to it when closed. Overall an improvement.
    My sentiments exactly...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tvouge View Post
    My slider is also a little loose, I'm going to try to track down a T5 screwdriver and see if the old unscrew rescrew (besides the palm sticker) fix from the pre -/+ works. Otherwise I've had it for a few days and it seems quite solid. Battery life was pretty bad for the first few days, but seems to be getting better as days go by (I'm thinking this battery drain is due to background syncing).
    My slider is loose and there is a gap on the left side. Tried tightening the screws, but that didn't fix anything. Seems like the right side rail is what is wonky on mine. Not going to try the electrical tape or super glue fixes. Maybe if the slider and gap get worse.
  8. tvouge's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jopamora View Post
    My slider is loose and there is a gap on the left side. Tried tightening the screws, but that didn't fix anything. Seems like the right side rail is what is wonky on mine. Not going to try the electrical tape or super glue fixes. Maybe if the slider and gap get worse.
    I did it the other day, fixed mine up well. Ended up having to move the palm sticker tho, but I got it back in place easily enough. When you tried this, did you loosen all the screws first? Then retightening them in an alternating order? (As in left side, right side, left side, right side) Try it this way starting on the side that's loose, while firmly applying some downward pressure on the phone (I had mine resting on some cloth while I did this).

    Anyway, it may work for you.
  9. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #9  
    Yha, and make sure you slid the keyboard tabs back in place correctly.

Posting Permissions