1.    #1  
    But no cards are open.

This started happening about a week ago after having the phone for three months.

Any fixes?

Thanks,

mcgraw
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Have you restarted the phone lately?
    When does this occur? If it just pops up when one certain application try's to start, delete the app then reinstall.

If these don't work for ya, it may be time to see the doctor.
    Go to the systems page in the app launcher, find the backup app and turn off backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Go to the systems page in the app launcher, find the backup app and turn off backup.
    ???
    @mcgraw21 The errormsg is sometimes misleading. It simple means that the device is running out off memory.

This happens due to memory leaks after some time of usage.
    You simply reboot it and it should be fine.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks all for your replies.

I couldn't access "device info" to restart phone, so I removed battery.

Works fine now.
    For future reference, it's good every few weeks to restart the phone by pressing square+sym+R

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I had this problem, also. Turned out to be related to the backup app. Try running a manual backup and see if it completes. Mine kept freezing. It would always say the last backup had completed, but I don't think it did. I turned off backups, erase=yes, and rebooted my phone. I then turned backups back on. It completed successfully. I haven't had a TMC error since.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    there's an app in preware called reboot scheduler, I recommend it. It allows you to have the phone reboot on its own at a set time daily. Just have it restart over night while you sleep and you won't have to worry about the memory leaks anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw21 View Post
    Thanks all for your replies.

I couldn't access "device info" to restart phone, so I removed battery.

Works fine now.
    HP claims that taking the battery out while the phone is on is to be avoided if at all possible (it can irreparably damage the flux capacitor or something like that*). Before resorting to yanking the battery if you can' get to device info to restart, try holding the power button to bring up a menu that lets you choose to restart. If the phone ignores that, hold the power button while sliding the silence switch back-and-forth three times (so, over-n-back, over-n-back, over-n-back). After a couple of seconds, the phone will reboot. That last option has always worked for me, even when the phone is completely frozen; I've never had to resort to pulling the battery once I learned that trick.

*Before I scare anyone, that is a joke. And shame on you if you don't get the reference.
    I have posted about this on the Verizon 2.0 version. What I have found that works is to restart the phone daily. In Preware there is an app called Reboot Scheduler. This will automatically reboot your phone at the time you set it. I have had very little TMC errors. Thanks to Zinge for the app