Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    It really is too bad that this is your first experience wiith WebOS. But I'm certain it's a hardware problem. If it's under warranty just return it.

The Pre 2 really is a great phone. I know you won't believe me but it is. It's like someone trying to convince me that New York is safe when my first day there 3 people are shot dead a block from where I was staying. New York is a very safe city, but I'll never live there.

Return the Pre 2 and try another one. If that one's a dud then I wouldn't blame you for 'not wanting to live there.'
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Completely anecdotal, but it may be correlated with Bluetooth audio devices. I turned BT off on a trip, and didn't get any Luna restarts during 1 week, where I was getting one a day. It isn't scientific since I didn't use my Pre 2 as much.

For others experiencing this, are you using Bluetooth audio devices (I have a headset and a car it, both support A2DP)?
  3.    #43  
    I never turned Bluetooth on. It would crash when there wasn't a SIM, and with Wifi and BlueTooth turned off. Now i think it's a problem with the memory.

I'm returning the phone on Monday. What do you guys think i should ask for, a refund or a replacement?

I ordered the phone from overseas($310), as well as accessories(totaling about $100 w/ shipping). I could ask for a refund, and be left with the accessories, or i could take my chances with another Pre2? (Shipping the phone back to the retailer will cost roughly $100)

What do you guys reckon?

Cheers
    as beeing on a webos forum with guys hanging on to a almost dead OS, many would say try another one, but the shippingprice is quite high... really sad this is your first webos experience. Perhaps Rod has a better solution for you in Australia: http://forums.precentral.net/members/18504.html
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    as beeing on a webos forum with guys hanging on to a almost dead OS, many would say try another one, but the shippingprice is quite high... really sad this is your first webos experience. Perhaps Rod has a better solution for you in Australia: http://forums.precentral.net/members/18504.html
    I use BT all the time on my Pre2, on diff devices, and works well

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    hi, my palm pre2 hanged up and now its not rebooting (its getting stuck up at hp logo) and then when i tried to doctor it , laptop is detecting the phone and after clicking next button it says charging phone and then suddenly disconnected. This has happened multiple times. whats the solution for this and i bought this phone from UK and now using it in india. So is there any international warranty for it ??
  7.    #47  
    Replacement is en route. It's been about 3 months since I received the faulty unit. *sigh* i hope this one is fault-free.
    ouchh.. I just bought pre 2 four days ago.. and I have exactly the same problem with you.. I have so many self restart on my pre.. no matter what I did.. even if I only open one card (reading email only).. this is so frustating since this is my first time experience with webOs..

I guess doctoring it wouldnt help either.. hmm gonna ask for refund..
    double post
    Last edited by lesjaw; 11/06/2011 at 05:40 AM.
  10.    #50  
    Just got my replacement PalmPre2 in the mail yesterday, and it hasn't spontaneously restarted(yet). Knock-on-wood.

Cheers for the help and advise people!
  11.    #51  
    Just got my replacement PalmPre2 in the mail yesterday, and it hasn't spontaneously restarted(yet). Knock-on-wood.

Cheers for the help and advise people!
  12.    #52  
    Well it's been a week, with no random crashes/restarts!

Cheers for your help ppl
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123